i30 Owners Club

Issues with i30 CRDi DCT transmission

Offline Marlboro_Man

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Queens land
Hi all,
I want to discuss issues with my DCT transmission of 2016 i30 1.6 CRDi premium and would like any thoughts from you guys. I purchased my i30 brand new in January 2017. At the odometer reading of about 118000 KM, issues started with transmission and being in warranty at that time dealership changed the clutch plate free of cost. Now at the mileage of about 180000 KM, transmission start showing problem again as car vibrates when accelerated from stationery position.  As the five years warranty of a vehicle already expired in the year 2021, therefore I have to pay for all the repairs costs this time. Dealership suggested replacement of double clutch set with flywheel rattling issues and quoted for $ 5320 to replace. I am highly disappointed with a quality of Hyundai transmission. New cars should be free of such defects but sadly have to now spent thousands of dollars in these replacement works considering that vehicle is not having a high mileage on it. Further to mention that I am the only person driving this vehicle from the day first, always do servicing on time at dealership. No towing or inner city driving and still got these transmission problems. DO you guys' experienced same problems with your i30 diesel with DCT transmission? Any suggestion and input will be highly appreciated. Thanks 
  • i30 Premium 1.6 Crdi

Offline liability

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
I had to replace the DCT in my 2015 GD, but not until it did over 300,000kms. The price you were quoted is around what mine cost for the double clutch and flywheel.
  • Active X CRDi DCT

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal