i30 Owners Club

i30 12 Plate Voice Recognition/Bluetooth Problem

ejr012 · 5 · 1985

Offline ejr012

• 1st Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Scotland
So I've had an i30 12 plate model for a couple of months now but had a constant problem.

First of all - voice recognition all recognises commands such as: call; radio; mute. It will also always recognise sequences of numbers such as phone numbers i.e.. 01234 567890 so understanding my voice isn't the problem.

Sometimes it recognises contacts names perfectly and then (and more often) not at all. It would appear that sometimes it doesn't build a 'sound bank' of voices and when it does it deletes itself when the car switches off and doesn't rebuild it next time you switch the car on.

Any ideas? The media unit is pretty basic (not many setup options) so it's impossible to tell the software version, are updates available?
  • i30 2012 Diesel

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I tried to use this when i first got my car.

Gave up as i would end up having an argument with it..
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
So I've had an i30 12 plate model for a couple of months now but had a constant problem.

First of all - voice recognition all recognises commands such as: call; radio; mute. It will also always recognise sequences of numbers such as phone numbers i.e.. 01234 567890 so understanding my voice isn't the problem.

Sometimes it recognises contacts names perfectly and then (and more often) not at all. It would appear that sometimes it doesn't build a 'sound bank' of voices and when it does it deletes itself when the car switches off and doesn't rebuild it next time you switch the car on.

Any ideas? The media unit is pretty basic (not many setup options) so it's impossible to tell the software version, are updates available?

Unless you have 'received pronunciation' I'd give it up as a bad job.  I have a moderately strong Lancashire accent and therefor voice recognition is a complete no no for me.....   

Offline ejr012

• 1st Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Scotland
Cheers guys. Although pronunciation/accent isn't the problem at all. 50% of the time when I start my car it will not recognise contact names but it will recognise everything else. The other 50% everything works perfectly and it will recognise even the most obscure of commands. Sometimes it doesn't build contact voice data after it downloads the phone book (soundbank of contact names). I would take it back to the garage but it seems like such a trivial thing, it is annoying though.
  • i30 2012 Diesel

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Everyone whose car has this feature, paid for it to work properly. You should take it back. The reason why, is that it does work faultlessly, some of the time, so the reason for the other times when it's not working, needs investigating properly.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal