i30 Owners Club

NBN - at least it's on the radar

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Several trucks around our suburb, feeding the green tubing underground at the moment.

The NBN site actually says Infrastructure is now being installed in your area.

And listing connection for Jan to Mar 1919.

Here's hoping.

Sometimes lately we're down to about 600 kbps download speed. Never better than 1mbps
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Here too! Green tubing being fed along Mnt Glorious road. But how far into the acreages will it come?

Frankly , with iinet, I have quite good speed more than enough to run an office, I can definately live without netflucks if it means that Telstra will never enter my life again.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I thought you had signed up with an independent cable company Trevor?  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I thought you had signed up with an independent cable company Trevor?  :undecided:

No.
I was looking at wireless broadband, of which there are two in my area. Both have excellent reviews however one of them can't get a strong enough signal to my roof. Bloody trees.  :crazy1:
The other is and has been for some time, going through an ownership change and it's taking longer than they planned. All of their bandwidth in our area is allocated and they aren't upgrading until the sale goes through.

So, at this stage I'll probably just wait for the NBN.

@nzenigma  you can stay with iinet for broadband. I sure will.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

No.
I was looking at wireless broadband, of which there are two in my area. Both have excellent reviews however one of them can't get a strong enough signal to my roof. Bloody trees.  :crazy1:
The other is and has been for some time, going through an ownership change and it's taking longer than they planned. All of their bandwidth in our area is allocated and they aren't upgrading until the sale goes through.

So, at this stage I'll probably just wait for the NBN.

@nzenigma  you can stay with iinet for broadband. I sure will.

That's a bit of a bummer Trevor, but my 50/20 Telstra NBN has been pretty awesome. Should make a big difference to you.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Several trucks around our suburb, feeding the green tubing underground at the moment.

The NBN site actually says Infrastructure is now being installed in your area.

And listing connection for Jan to Mar 1919.

Here's hoping.

Sometimes lately we're down to about 600 kbps download speed. Never better than 1mbps
Same connection dates for me as well, a few weeks ago they installed the 4 way node boxes in the pits out front so we'll be getting fibre to the curb :happydance: once it's hooked up I'll be signing up with TPG then giving Telstra a :phone1: and told where to go :fuckyou:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal