i30 Owners Club

MY13 i30 Active GD 5 door Hatch - 1.8ltr - manual - petrol

TigerRoo · 43 · 16452

Offline TigerRoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Traralgon. Victoria
Anyone seen the above model with a badged rear end like this?

• i30 5 Door Hatch Petrol Manual (MY14 Active GD 2)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
tigeroo,I have seen a few of the newer models over here badged this way,when I first saw it I knew there was something different,but couldn't put my finger on it until someone else at work who has a I30 pointed it out to me that the newer versions had changed the side they badge them.

I see you are very very old school,putting a rock under the back wheel went out when they stopped using horse and carts mate,there's a thing in the middle of the two front seats it's called a handbrake  :rofl: your not like my Ol Man he used to cart a two bricks around in his old Vauxhaul Velox,when he parked he would get out and put one under the front and back wheels
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline TigerRoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Traralgon. Victoria
tigeroo,I have seen a few of the newer models over here badged this way,when I first saw it I knew there was something different,but couldn't put my finger on it until someone else at work who has a I30 pointed it out to me that the newer versions had changed the side they badge them.

I see you are very very old school,putting a rock under the back wheel went out when they stopped using horse and carts mate,there's a thing in the middle of the two front seats it's called a handbrake  :rofl: your not like my Ol Man he used to cart a two bricks around in his old Vauxhaul Velox,when he parked he would get out and put one under the front and back wheels

We are subject to heavy 'hailstorms' here mate and our driveway is a "1 in 3" (see picture) and many cars have been known to slide down the driveway during these incidents - hence the rock!

With regards to the car, the only models here with that sort of 'badging' are the i30 coupe (which is only a 3 door - ours is a 5) and the i30 SR. We bought an i30 "Active" 1.8 ltr (etc.etc) but the dealership have been very dodgy on the registration papers which we are yet to receive. he keeps giving me excuses and assurances but still no papers. The car is registered in our personalized number plates but we have no idea what we have bought. When we first bought the car I asked for photographs but he told me there were none but I obtained an assurance (in an e-mail) that the car is what we ordered. However, I have not seen any other "Active" badged in this manner. that is why I am curious.

Offline Snookes

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
TigerRoo, I did a search in Carsales.com.au for brand new i30 Active 5 door hatches and found some, but not all, badged as yours is and also had the Elite/Premium front as yours has. Perhaps it's a model update.
  • 2012 i30 GD Elite 5 door hatch petrol 1.8l ltr auto white

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
boy that is a steep driveway,geez if you have that many hailstorms,I wouldn't be getting either of my cars out the shed  :lol:
Forgot to say,if that is a brand new car,the rego papers should have alerady been sorted into your or your wifes name and they should have also been given to you the day of delivery,both of ours bought from different dealers,day of delivery ALL the appropriate paper work was layed out and explained,then placed in the folder and handed to us,this included the rego papers
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline TigerRoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Traralgon. Victoria
Nah! First of all he was posting them then, when he said he would come down and pick the old Starlet up he would bring them with him. When he arrived this morning he looked as if I had never mentioned them and mumbled something about them being back at the yard and he would send them out. The Vin Number checks out as a 2013 i30 but I'm puzzled as to why he has been vague about the car, especially the reggo papers.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I hope it's not hot.  :eek:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
I hope it's not hot.  :eek:
well it is Red  :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That is weird TigerRoo (about the rego papers)  :confused:

...and what Rick said about the hail!  :sweating:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I'd trot off to your local VicRoads and make a few enquiries....

Something just doesn't sound right, I hope this online broker is legit....  :undecided:

Oh, and you mentioned you paid for paint protection, did you happen to receive the paperwork for that?

Offline TigerRoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Traralgon. Victoria
I didn't think about that but I have sent a request for paperwork regarding the tinting and the paint protection.
My friendly next door neighbor mechanic is of the decided opinion that our car is a 1.8ltr as the manual states that there are only three models in this range, a 1.8ltr Petrol, a Diesel model and  a 2.00ltr model. This car was definitely made in Korea in August this year.
I spoke with the dealer this morning and asked him AGAIN about the Registration Papers and he said that he will scan them and send me an e-mail copy and then send the originals. So far I haven't heard any more.
What on earth would it be that has caused him to retain the reggo papers?

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
My friendly next door neighbor mechanic is of the decided opinion that our car is a 1.8ltr as the manual states that there are only three models in this range, a 1.8ltr Petrol, a Diesel model and  a 2.00ltr model.

The 2.0 litre engine is only fitted to the new Aussie only SR....
There is also a 1.6 which is fitted to the Euro built Tourer and Special Edition.

Offline TigerRoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Traralgon. Victoria
Yes, I have seen the range of models and cannot find one anywhere near the one I am supposed to have been supplied with.
This one was made in Korea a couple of months ago.
I have never seen another Hyundai i30 with the same rear end as mine - (see opening post picture) - accept the Special Edition and SR Models which are a class above the Active.
The thick plottens daily!

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Check the details via the vin number.

There is a vin checker on the site, use search to locate, so you can verify the details.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Found another, TigerRoo! :D

Other than it being a diesel it looks the same as your wife's car...

:link:

Oh, the ad does say it's white but it looks red to me..... :lol:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Definitely not an Active front end unless they've changed the spec.  :undecided:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline TigerRoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Traralgon. Victoria
Yes, I thought this when the car arrived and showed the delivery guy the 'Active' with a red front (not the chrome one) and he just said that they changed the design. All I know is that the car was built in Korea in August and that it is a i30. The only ones with the same rear end as ours are the i30 SE and SR models as well as the Coupe but the Coupe is a 3 door not 5 door.
I want to join the Hyundai Members site but to do so I need not only the Vin Number but also the Engine Number (which is on the registration papers which the dealership are holding and not letting go).

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

If I remember, I'll check out my local Hyundai yard when I go past and see if they have any Actives that look like that.
Maybe they have changed them.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
It's time for a personal visit to the dealer, so you can collect the rego papers. I assume payment has been completed. This is all very irregular.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I want to join the Hyundai Members site but to do so I need not only the Vin Number but also the Engine Number (which is on the registration papers which the dealership are holding and not letting go).

You should be able to get the engine number off the rego label, TigerRoo....  :undecided:

Offline TigerRoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Traralgon. Victoria
Nah mate, there is just the Vin Number that I can see.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
All I know is that the car was built in Korea in August and that it is a i30. The only ones with the same rear end as ours are the i30 SE and SR models as well as the Coupe but the Coupe is a 3 door not 5 door.

Removing the SE from the equation as it's a Euro built model (which has the different rear reflectors)...other than the badge, the rear of the others are the same, aren't they?  :undecided:

Nah mate, there is just the Vin Number that I can see.

Hmm, strange...mine has both...  :undecided:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

At least the rear sensors are same colour as the bumper

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

You should be able to get the engine number off the rego label, TigerRoo....  :undecided:

Isn't this stamped on the engine block

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
This is data from 2010, I don't have a manual for your year or model, but it MAY help you locate your engine  number yourself.

Offline TigerRoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Traralgon. Victoria
My friendly next door mechanic couldn't find one. He said usually there is a plate with all the information on but he couldn't tell by examining the engine what capacity it was. We are going to another town during the week so I might drop in on the Hyundai dealer and just ask him what model it is.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I've just got home and while I was out I called into two Hyundai dealerships.
All new Active hatches have the same front end as mine, with the "smiley" one being reserved for the Elite & Premium.
All new Active hatches have the Hyundai badge on the left and the i30 badge on the right of the hatch (with crdi underneath if a diesel).
The photo of yours matches all the 3 door models I saw.
So, it seems that someone in PD has stuck the incorrect badges on (which wouldn't be a first) perhaps, but what has got me is the front end which is not an Active one.  :(
I take it is has Active spec? i.e. manual air con, 5 inch screen,no alloys etc?
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
The photo of yours matches all the 3 door models I saw.

Did that include the rear reflectors, Dave?  :undecided:
From my research the 3 door model reflectors are different to TigerRoo's.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Sorry, can't answer that. I didn't check the reflectors.
But the badges were the same as the 3 door.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Me thinks problem solved.... :D

Seems TigerRoo's i30 is a 2013 HYUNDAI I30 ACTIVE GD2 MY14....

Whack that into Google search and you'll find plenty of them.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal