i30 Owners Club

Australian examples of service cost

Offline constipated

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
For those interested,

I enquired at a local dealership Sydney re Diesel scheduled servicing costs for i30. They gave me the first 4 years.

15K = $350
30K = $615
45K = $525
60K = $695

No difference auto vs manual
  • MY11 - SLX CRDi 6 speed manual

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Here in Uk the 45k service is the same as the 15k so price near enough the same, save fuel filter.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
For those interested,

I enquired at a local dealership Sydney re Diesel scheduled servicing costs for i30. They gave me the first 4 years.

15K = $350
30K = $615
45K = $525
60K = $695

the automatic service should cost more because the auto trans holds between 8 to 10 litres of oil.  :confused:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Funny you should post this today as I enquired at my local dealer as to the cost of the 30,000k service too.

I asked for a price excluding oil, oil filter and air filter and was quoted $220.00. He did say if the pollen filters needed replacing, that would be extra.....

Pip
Funny you should post this today as I enquired at my local dealer as to the cost of the 30,000k service too.

I asked for a price excluding oil, oil filter and air filter and was quoted $220.00. He did say if the pollen filters needed replacing, that would be extra.....

That price doesn't include the fuel filter I assume? Supposed to be changed at 30k although I deferred it. $100 or thereabouts.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
He didn't mention it, I'll ask next time I'm in there... :undecided:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
For those interested,

15K = $350
30K = $615
45K = $525
60K = $695

These do appear to be rather expensive.... :undecided:
From memory, I paid around $142.00 (excluding oil & filter) for my 15,000k service.....

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
^^^^^^^^^

Yeah. I'm sure my 15k service was less than $200 including oil and filter.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline druggist

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Hyundai i30 SX CRDi 1.6 manual CW 2010 MY11
Paid $337.50 at Pennant Hills, Sydney for 15000km service on my diesel CW manual in May.

Dealer on the lower North Shore quoted $370.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Seems the dealers slap on an extra $100 or so for those lucky enough to be living in Sydney....  :winker: :p

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
^^^^^^^^^

Cheers Trev, but we're talking diesel servicing here.... :wink:

Offline constipated

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Are all dealers OK with you supplying your own oil?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Can't see why they would have an issue with it although they don't take as much off as they probably should considering the high amounts they often charge to supply only mediocre oil they buy in bulk.

The one time I supplied my own oil with an i30 dealer service they took A$40 off which was what I paid on special for my oil but bet they would have charged me more than $40 if I was paying ... :rolleyes:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
^^^^^^^^^

Cheers Trev, but we're talking diesel servicing here.... :wink:

And I'm just pointing out yet another benefit of owning a petrol engined i30. :P

Pip
Assuming you do not have a DPF (is that still the case in OZ for latest cars?) then you will need to ensure you supply ACEA B4 oil and there would be little point if you don't supply a better oil than they would use.  :wink:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I was told $300 for 15 and 45 and $600 for 30 and 60.

In reailty, you can get it done much cheaper by a local mechanic, i paid $150 all up for the 15k and $250 for the 30k (and that was putting in Mobil 1 0w40 which i got on ebay).

My mechanic also fixed my fuel door which would not spring open for free, my dealer wanted to charge me $66 claiming it was an adjustment and not a warranty issue. I did argue and after 8 minutes he offered to do it himself for free, but only after 10 minutes of debate about it, and referal to this site (it seems they do know about it). But I pass my mechanic on the way home, and it was just easier.

Ryco have a diesel filter (z707 from memory) that you can get for around $40 which is less than half the price of the genuine one (as offered by hyspares Hyundai is even more expensive).

I guess it depends on your attitude to dealer service....I'm not a fan myself.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline constipated

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
@Pip: There is still a possibility they could supply a semi-synthetic ACEA B4 specification oil could they not? The only reason I'd consider supplying my own oil was that you could ensure the best oil was used and at a price probably still cheaper than what they would charge you.

Or is providing the dealer with oil quite rare and likely to get you a stare, and what I hear on these forums about providing oil during services mainly when getting the local mechanic to do it.

@Beerman. I also asked you this in the oils section, how did you find your ebay experience with the US sourced Mobil 1 0w-40. Satisfied with the transaction and no problems with the oil?

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
I got two quotes today in Brisbane (Australia) for my upcoming 30000km service.

Dealer = $689
Ultra Tune = $342

Guess where I'm going?????
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Ugly,

Is that with genuine parts? because you can save a bundle on the diesel filter...I got a Ryco z707 for $40.

If your close to the Southside of Brissy, between my mechanic's charges and the cost of the diesel filter and oil which i provided, I got it done for around $250 all up

Just looked at the Ford dealer servicing prices for the new 6 cylinder Territory diesel......You wouldn't believe that its cheaper than the I30.... from memory it was 250/250/550 seems there getting 45k out of their diesel filters.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I got 60,000 out of my diesel filter... :goodjob:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Beerman, thanks for the info. I prefer to use genuine parts for servicing, but like to supply my own to prevent the rip off. I'm also supplying my own oil.

I am getting the parts (all genuine Hyundai) from Darren, the same bloke I brought my spoiler off. He can deliver by over night courier to my door an oil, fuel and air filter plus an EPS switch for about $50 less than a Hyundai dealer can supply just the thee filters. The EPS switch is for my spotlights when I get them fitted.

This will reduce the Ultra Tune quote of $342 quite considerably as it include oil and parts. I'll post the final price after the service next week.

Offline Pikapolonica

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong, Victoria

• 2017 i30 Active 2.0lt in Fiery Red
    • Nessa Losing It...For Good
I just had my car service today at Werribee Huyndai.  $725 for 90,000km serivce.  They called me to inform me that I also need 4 new tyres (they were going to quote me...um, no thanks), wiper blade replacement ($20...again no thanks) and pollen filter replacement.............$175!!!!  I'm sure that's what they said, yet I've found the filter on eBay for $75 ($8 P&H from Adelaide).

Just got paid on Tuesday and majority of it is gone on the service.
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 PD Active Hatchback in Fiery Red

mick55
In Adelaide $235 for 15,000km at the dealer, booked in for next Wednesday.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I got 60,000 out of my diesel filter... :goodjob:

I dare say I could get 60 out of mine too, but for $40, why take the risk......

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

They weren't available for $40 back then.. :whistler:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
lol true.

I am amazed that with even Ford going to 'fixed price' service across their dealers, that Hyundai has not done the same.

Look at the small car marked, Toyota, Mitsubishi and Ford all now do it, (Ford have back dated it to all cars from 2007 on), Hyundai are unusually slow in realising that the market has changed. All of the above dealers are now at a price where it might be $50-70 more to go with them, which would no doubt have people going back to the dealers. One would think that now Ford has done it, it won't be long before Holden follows suite.

I suspect it will be around the corner, as with it getting such publicity, people will start to compare the 'cost of ownership' when buying a car. and $600+ for the 30k service, just isn't going to cut it (could also see the diesel filter interval increased too).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I suspect it will be around the corner, as with it getting such publicity, people will start to compare the 'cost of ownership' when buying a car. and $600+ for the 30k service, just isn't going to cut it (could also see the diesel filter interval increased too).

Good point beerman... We got fixed price $130 servicing on our Hybrid for the first 3 years which will keep me going to them until the 3 years is up  :goodjob:

I am pretty sure that the early build i30 (our first one was 2/08 build) said 60K for the Diesel Filter that is one of the reasons I left it until then.. :D

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

I had the 30000k service done today at Ultra Tune. Cost breakdown as follows:-

Ultra Tune costs  - $156 (inc labour, workshop supplies and environmental charges)
Parts - $150 (Genuine Hyundai oil, air and fuel filters supplied by Darren from Cheep Parts)
Oil - $42 (Penrite 5W-40 supplied by me)
Total - $348.

This compares to the Hyundai dealer quote of $689 (all inclusive). I've saved myself $341.

No way will I be going near a dealer apart from warranty work.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I agree Hyundai will have to look at meeting the market on fixed price servicing, but in their defence I would point out that the i30 is considerably cheaper to buy than the equivalent model from those three manufacturers above. You'd have to do those summs pretty closely before making a choice.

Offline Lune

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Pinjarra, Western Australia
Ive paid $225 for my services so far, up to the 60,000 in a week or two. However this is through an independant who is getting plenty of my money from modifications to my other car so cant really be taken as a figure to go by :P

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal