i30 Owners Club

Spotlight switch

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
I'm about to fit a set of spotlights to my baby. My auto electrician has suggested that instead of having a non standard switch, I should purchase a genuine Hyundai switch to match the existing controls.

He has suggested mounting the switch in the existing blank position beside the ESP and dashboard light dimmer switches as shown in the pic below.

Does anyone know of a genuine Hyundai switch I can use to suit this application?

• Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline jabber

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Blacktown, NSW
i tried ebay ... nothing.  i tried google ... took me to Hyundai dealers in the US ... a few clicks & i ended up drooling on the new i40 wagon  :-[  any luck on your side UM?

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I'd imagine the wreckers would be the go...... :goodjob:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

i tried ebay ... nothing.  i tried google ... took me to Hyundai dealers in the US ... a few clicks & i ended up drooling on the new i40 wagon  :-[  any luck on your side UM?

No luck yet jabber. The intent of my original post was to find out if other members (particularly overseas) have any sort of switch fitted as standard in the blank position.  Surely it's not blank on all models.

If there is a switch used for some other function, I may be able to check with Hyundai to see if it would be suitable as a spotlight switch.

In response to rustynutz, no I haven't tried any vehicle wreckers. It might be worth a try but I don't really know what to ask for.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
...The intent of my original post was to find out if other members (particularly overseas) have any sort of switch fitted as standard in the blank position...

Sorry I misread your request.

Here's mine, tho it may not help much, although the wiper deicer switch might look ok as it has an LED, and you could get a matching [shorter] ESP buddy for it:

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

...The intent of my original post was to find out if other members (particularly overseas) have any sort of switch fitted as standard in the blank position...

Sorry I misread your request.

Here's mine, tho it may not help much, although the wiper deicer switch might look ok as it has an LED, and you could get a matching [shorter] ESP buddy for it:

Thanks Shambles. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I'll let my auto electrician know and he can contact Hyundai to see if the de-icer/ESP comb switch will do the job.   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

I'll post another request to see if any Australian models have the de-icer/ESP combo. They may not exist in Oz due to the fact we don't get the freezing cold weather you get in the Northern Hemisphere.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Thanks Shambles. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I'll let my auto electrician know and he can contact Hyundai to see if the de-icer/ESP comb switch will do the job.   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

I'd imagine it would be up to the job as your auto electrician would surely use a "relay" on the driving lights so there shouldn't be much load on the actual switch.

Good luck getting it though, I suspect you won't get one in Oz.....perhaps you could source one from overseas?
Otherwise I reckon another ESP switch would probably do the job. This could possibly be picked up at a wreckers as a complete unit. Only downside is you're not gonna have the little LED.   :undecided:

Offline onine

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Lota, Brisbane
I can't help with the switch but would like to know how you are going to mount the lights on the front of the car as I would like to fit some but can't find a solid mounting place Thanks

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Hi onine, this link shows the type of mounting bar I'm using. They are available from Repco or Super Cheap Auto in Australia.

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=6425.msg73778#msg73778

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal