i30 Owners Club

USB drive freezes

Sharky · 34 · 9980

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I wrote a mail too korean Hyundai and they check me back to my local dealer. I'm very happy with my I-30 but this point will be an negative.

Suggest to the dealer that a new radio and new usb connector would be the right thing to do to diagnose the problem, free, under warranty, of course.

Offline Sharky

• 2nd Gear
Yes have been to my dealer with the problem and he would have put a new radio, but then they saw that radio is not covered by extended warranty, damned!  :mad:

So they contacted service as well, but haven't heard back from them. They said it worked fine, but next time I get there I'll SHOW them.

And for the temperature thingie, I noticed that the internal computer in general works very slow when its colder (try to switch from milage to avg speed to ... on dash, you'll see it lag when it's very cold) So here's the theorie: when it's colder the computer works slower and can't handle the processing of the music, and certainly not high bitrate mp3s. Whenever the light on my usb drive stops flashing (meaning it's not reading anymore) then you know it will freeze within 10 sec or so. Or when you skip a song when it's stops flashing: same thing. So it crashes, stops filling buffer, can't restore connection and freezes when buffer empties or song is skipped.

Any other news from anyone else yet?

Offline Zombie

• 2nd Gear

• 1.6 CRDi (84.6 kW) Comfort, Finland
I've had freezing issues ("Reading USB") with several Kingston Datatraveler 100s of different sizes, the colder the worse I think but they may freeze at anytime. However some old and cheap sticks work well.

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
Hey, i had the "Reading USB" thing too (2 weeks ago)... but no cold at all here (o.k. happened at night-time by the sea, that means some humidity perhaps but no big deal i think). I un/re-plugged 2 different sticks  many times but nothing... till i restarted the engine and everything was normal again. No problem since. I suppose this is a software problem :question:
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal