i30 Owners Club

New pics of upgrades :)

DJHARRY73 · 46 · 13405

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
Ok finally  I took the time to use phothobucket , here is the link to see most of my upgrades friends , more upgrades comming soon :)

and more here..

http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/DJHARRY73/#

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks DJ there are some nice mods there  :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
Great picture but that would not be allowed in the UK.

Any vid in view of the driver is forbidden.

Good, i think this is right but what's happening to systems intergrated with luxury cars?
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
Its not legal in the USA either but as you mention now with all these luxury cars with integrated systems sometimes its not for video playback but they have this big GPS screens that the police around here is so use to see the cars with big display screens , plus all the modifications that people usually make over here, I would have to have a police officer stare at my car park by my side at a red light to really tell that Im watching a video instead of a 7 inch GPS screen (wich is legal here) plus another thing is that the location of the display its not so obvious , worst case scenario with a simple touch of the screen I can go from video display to just hearing music and have the album info display on the screen , I should be alright :)

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
with a simple touch of the screen I can go from video display to just hearing music and have the album info display on the screen , I should be alright :)
I guess so :)
I could use a tv in car when in traffic jam and i don't see why it's more abstracting than reading a newspaper (which i do)
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Its not legal in the USA either but as you mention now with all these luxury cars with integrated systems sometimes its not for video playback but they have this big GPS screens that the police around here is so use to see the cars with big display screens , plus all the modifications that people usually make over here, I would have to have a police officer stare at my car park by my side at a red light to really tell that Im watching a video instead of a 7 inch GPS screen (wich is legal here) plus another thing is that the location of the display its not so obvious , worst case scenario with a simple touch of the screen I can go from video display to just hearing music and have the album info display on the screen , I should be alright :)

I don't understand how there should be any difference between a video screen and a GPS. They are both terribly distracting.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
I got LED angel eyes and 6500 HID makes a huge diffence !!!!
Where did you buy the angel eyes from ? I think I am goign to have to do them myself as shark racing have ran into problems.

I have found a website on Ebay, Automotive Apple? would these be the guys ?
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
Actually I found them on a korean website but for obvious reasons I ask Automotive Apple to order it from me and ever since he has posted them for sale , he is a good seller you can ask him for options for faster shipment, here in the States even Audi or BMW owners turn their heads to look at my I30 angel ayes hahaha :)

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
I forgot to mention, you have the option to choose outer and inner circle colors I chose outer blue inner white this will iluminate any white sign in front of you with a kinda light purple color

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Is there any chance you could do a 'how to' thread on the isntall of the anel eyes? i got mine last weekend , and wan to make sure I do the best install possible.

e.g. how did you adhere them to the headlight unit inside? super glue?
stick stape?

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
Yes superglue will be fine you must also remove the blue ring that comes factory for better fitting, you worst problem will be resealing the the head lamp you must do this properly using the same type of glue they use for sealing the windshields it looks like it never dries and it has the  consinstcy of hair gel, ask you local hyundai dealership and become friends  with the electrician there :)

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

must do this properly using the same type of glue they use for sealing the windshields it looks like it never dries and it has the  consinstcy of hair gel, ask you local hyundai dealership and become friends  with the electrician there :)

easy stuff, considerig I work in the local hyundai dealership :lol: :razz:
thanks for the tip with the blue ring removal, best tip ever from here i think ?
goig to take my time and paint the chrome bezel black, like i did before, however previously i damaged the lense baking it to high a temperature, used a heat gun this time, and learnt my lesson.

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
Good luck then :) post some pics when u are done would love to see the outcome :)

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

everything is wired up, just need to put the lense back together  :eek:

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
Hope for no heavy rains for a while , then u will be  ok  as that type of glue has an expanding time process where it will completely seal but after that you will be ok, by the way what color did you get both rings?

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

White side lights, amber indicator :)
think I need to take them out and re-seal :( just after they went in sever rain hit home :(  resulting in a tad inner condensation

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal