i30 Owners Club

Seat Covers

ryangus · 12 · 4447

Offline ryangus

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Looking to put some sheepskin seat covers in the wife's 2007 SLX to protect the seats.  I've got custom lambs wool in my 4WD, but was wondering if the Supercheap jobs were good enough for the cheaper price.  Anyone got a set?
  • 2007 SLX CRDi

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I'm not sure whether your i30 has seat airbags installed.  If it does, don't put on cheap seat covers, you will prevent the airbag deploying properly.  You will need to get seat covers that are designed for your seat with airbags in mind.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
My lambswool are airbag approved and weren't hard to find. Trawl this forum to circa 2010, give or take a year, and you'll see posts about it. I'm pretty sure I dentified the product then. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
We have airbag friendly lambs wool seat covers from Supercheap that fit the wife's 2014 i30 Tourer ( they were previously on her 2010 CW)

They fit well and are comfortable and warm. They were gold or platinum level at the time so were around $250 on special I think.

They are better than similar priced ones I got off ebay for my car.  :Pout:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ryangus

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
I installed the platinum sheep skin seat covers from SCA on the weekend.  They seem to fit OK (after the obligatory cut on the hand from the sharp metal!), but I don't really like the feel of them.  They make me feel like the seat is tilted forward a little.  I'd probably get used to it, but I'm tempted to remove them.

I've found some leather seats that I assume came out of an SR or something at a wreckers that look OK, but they're more grey than the existing black upholstery.  They're also not much more expensive than the seat covers, and naturally have the airbags!  They also have ISU embroidered in them - not sure what that means?

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 03:24:03 by ryangus »
  • 2007 SLX CRDi

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: ryangus
... They also have ISU embroidered in them - not sure what that means?

International Sheepskin Union ?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline ryangus

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Me again - still looking for rear seat covers.  Nothing flash, just enough to protect them from the kids!  :Shocked:  Anyone bought some that they would recommend?
  • 2007 SLX CRDi

Offline Johnny30

• 1st Gear

• us United States
      Illinois
other recommendations for seat covers?
  • Elantra

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
other recommendations for seat covers?

I30/ Elantra seats are a fairly standard shape and size. A bit hard to know what is available in the USA but imagine you would have a big range to choose from.

We have quite a few US members with the original elantra wagon and the newer Elantra GT hatch, but none are particularly active (they just drop by spasmodically)

I imagine you would get quite a range of temperatures in Illinois, so I would recommend Lambswool/sheepskin as they are warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

It is worth paying a bit more for a thicker pile (25mm/1 inch) thick or thicker... They usually have a star rating 5 or even 6  star is best I think.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I appropriated a couple of unwanted lumbar cushions from work and suspended them from the headrest posts under the cover. The problem of pitching too far forward was then resolved - I like sitting tall without being forced to stoop by the headrest. :goodjob:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal