i30 Owners Club

I30 trophy question

Offline Geoffrey001

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
Hello, a couple of questions. Firstly my temp shows - 40. I have looked behind the grill and can't find any sensor. Secondly I have a trip button but all it does is clear the distance. It doesn't give any other options like distance to empty etc.. I have also noticed that the passenger side wing mirror indicator isn't working. Is this a dealer warranty item as I have had the car less than 3 weeks.
Thankyou
Geoff
  • I30 cx trophy

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
If it's a new car I'd say they're all dealer issues to fix.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :whsaid:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Geoffrey001

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
It's a second hand car so not new. Was just trying to get some info on possible fixes or if it may not have a temp sensor but still show a - 40.
  • I30 cx trophy

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I'm not sure where you stand on dealer warranty for 2nd hand. For private sales it's certainly 'buyer beware' but dealers are meant to provide cooling off period at least. You may need to have a conversation with your dealer regarding fair and reasonable expectations. I'm guessing the wing mirror indicator is at least a roadworthiness concern and needs the dealer to fix it.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Aye30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Hi, our 2010 Trophy came with fog lights and no temp sender. When the radio was replaced, under warranty, the new unit showed -40. It can be switched off in the secret radio menu. I think they repurposed the wiring for the temp sender to operate the fog lights, or used a different wiring loom.
Our trip meter operates the same as yours, the higher spec models have the distance to empty, and instant consumption.
I would say the indicator is the only troubling thing that warrants fixing.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal