ShineRed i30 CW from Norway

Glacius · 469 · 125622

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
question , i see that many here have black headlights,   where can i get them ? or can i paint my own ,or even use vinyl ? =)

This car it seems has painted them or am I wrong ?

It is very tricky to separate the existing lights and paint them..You need a lot of heat and too much will ruin them. The heat generated by the lights would make Vinyl unsuitable for the purpose. The Black reflector lights from the later model are interchangeable but not cheap to buy from the Dealer... :cool:

The ones in the picture could very well be painted.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
thank you for quick reply much appreciated , I would just have to buy some then  on ebay or somthing ? can you give me the searchword for me to get some, i write headlights but only get bulbs lol :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

They are not always on ebay. You might have to try the local Hyundai Dealer (they should be available as a spare part) But be warned you may be looking at several hundred Euros each... :whistler:

Headlights is the right word...

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
ok just called them , its gonna be about 560 euros lol! ,  I might just leave it as it is then xD

Shame as the black ones are mint =(

glac

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I thought so, but plenty of other stuff you can do.. :goodjob:

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
true, but its one of the one i wanted the most haha

I wonder the chrome bits on the bumpers, are they  plastic molding ? or acutally part of the bumper it self ? can t be removed if not painted or will it leave a hole ?

Also the roof railing wonder if its possible to remove as well , i like cars clean and i feel it  has many bits i dont like especially the chrome bits, as it dont work on red cars, grill as well might just vinyl it black or even carbon or might do it red =)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

true, but its one of the one i wanted the most haha  That is often the way  :disapp:

I wonder the chrome bits on the bumpers, are they  plastic molding ? or acutally part of the bumper it self ? can t be removed if not painted or will it leave a hole ? I think you could mask around them sand them lightly and then paint them (but add a clear coat after to protect the paint)

Also the roof railing wonder if its possible to remove as well , i like cars clean and i feel it  has many bits i dont like especially the chrome bits, as it dont work on red cars, grill as well might just vinyl it black or even carbon or might do it red =)
 The end caps come off with a bit of force then they can be unbolted

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
so what your saying is taht the chrome bits around on the bumpers are part of the bumper and not double sided tape ?

Also the roof rail I can remove it ? completly so its gone ? or will it have bits left ?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

so what your saying is taht the chrome bits around on the bumpers are part of the bumper and not double sided tape ?

I think they are probably part of the bumpers and if not would be hard to remove and may leave marks or a hole .. You could try looking under the bumper to see if there are any visible clips or such things..

Also the roof rail I can remove it ? completly so its gone ? or will it have bits left ? The rails would be gone would just have the mounting points

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Sorry to bother you with all these questions you are very helpfull =)

Great then I can remove the roof rails, , but the chrome i would need to check out , i work at a company that does car vinyls and production stuff  so i might try and find a red and vinyl them =)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

Great then I can remove the roof rails, , but the chrome i would need to check out , i work at a company that does car vinyls and production stuff  so i might try and find a red and vinyl them =)
the red vinyl over the chrome could work,its a lot cheaper than paint is.  :idea: :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi Glacius

The black headlight is standard from modelyear 2009 and onwards...

Mine is also model 2008, I would also like to have the black headlights.  :(
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That sounds like a good option  :goodjob:

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
finally shes home =D , i got my baby back today from the paint shop ,  Its been resprayed on both doors and front fenders, also the fuel lid has been painted.

I will take some pictures soon just that its snow outside now and its not very nice time to take pictures =D

I am glad to have her back and now im gonna do some TLC before we head to the cabin later tonight =)

cheers
glac

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
so she's like new again.  :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
indeed, just had a check on the paint, and they painted both doors, on each side and front fenders, they left out the one side of the rear bumper but matched the other one lol not sure why they did that ....  but il just buff it down and it will be same color,, red is such a hard color to make perfect each place , but  I cant wait for summer it will be perfect =)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
indeed, just had a check on the paint, and they painted both doors, on each side and front fenders, they left out the one side of the rear bumper but matched the other one lol not sure why they did that ....  but il just buff it down and it will be same color,, red is such a hard color to make perfect each place , but  I cant wait for summer it will be perfect =)

You mean you can see a difference in the paint?????   I had work done last year after a lady rammed my car in the side, the work is invisble to me.  My cousin who has been a painter of cars for most of his working life said it was 'minted', when he says it's minted that is high praise indeed.    :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
yeah i see a difference in the paint at the bumper they didt paint it , and its fainted cus of the sun so its almost orange on one spot , I will take pictures as soon as the sun is back its only 3 hours of daylight right now :P
and its when I am at work :P

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Don't you hate that when you faint because of the sun..  :winker:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

I am glad to have her back and now im gonna do some TLC before we head to the cabin later tonight =)

cheers
glac

Watcha gonna do with the car at the cabin  :question:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
I was at the cabin this weekend we have a winter cabin that we stay at sometimes,  im black now and today im gonna try and polish the orange bit on the bumper to see if i can get it it more " red" lol

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
hi guys I got  a real treat for you today, I will take pictures later, but I have used Vinyl red vinyl on my chrome bits and I have cleaned the booth , so now its real clean i love it =) 

glac

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Here are  pictures before and After

I am still unsure if I want to keep the front this way might go for all black instead but will see, right now its protecting the chrome thats all that matters.

Front after the vinyl on the chrome bits

And after i cleaned the booth and added red vinyl to the chrome bits, its miles better now =D

Thanks for looking=D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Wow.. looks like a new car.. you did an amazing job with the vinyl  :Shocked: :mrgreen:

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Thanks mate, not all credits can go to me have a great work colleague that helped me with this , its a tough job but taking time doing it right makes up for it =D

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal