i30 Owners Club

Hyundai launches i40 sedan

Guest · 6 · 2557

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Hyundai has landed its third midsize model in Australia, with the i40 sedan now on sale from $29,990.

:link:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
looks good on paper, the manual CRDi has 330nm Torue 10 more than the auto. wonder what they change? 4.7L/100k not bad for a car that size. but what's an active Manual? is that just a fancy name for a clutchless semi auto?
don't think i'd buy a car with a factory fitted sat nav system, as i can imagine what service costs would be ( map update $200? ) also i'm thinking it would give the factory a tool to see how far you have driven and possible tell you it's service time come in get releaved of more $ :rofl:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
looks good on paper, the manual CRDi has 330nm Torue 10 more than the auto. wonder what they change? 4.7L/100k not bad for a car that size. but what's an active Manual?

Hi John,

Yeah that extra 10nm in the manual is a bit of a mystery :confused:

I am not sure if you are joking about the "active manual"  :winker: The active is the base model and the only one that comes with a manual gearbox...

As far as the Satnav is concerned I would run my Garmin as well and see if they argue  :whistler: (make a great comedy skit) :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
i'm thinking it would give the factory a tool to see how far you have driven and possible tell you it's service time come in get releaved of more $ :rofl:

They can already do that through the ECU apparently.

The 10 nm of torque is more than likely because the transmission in the end is not a 100% mechanical lock up to the rest of the drive train. The AT fluid does a pretty good job, but it's not a direct drive like a clutch.  :neutral:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
looks good on paper, the manual CRDi has 330nm Torue 10 more than the auto. wonder what they change? 4.7L/100k not bad for a car that size. but what's an active Manual?

Hi John,

Yeah that extra 10nm in the manual is a bit of a mystery :confused:

I am not sure if you are joking about the "active manual"  :winker: The active is the base model and the only one that comes with a manual gearbox...

As far as the Satnav is concerned I would run my Garmin as well and see if they argue  :whistler: (make a great comedy skit) :lol:

Dazz they lost me. LOL. i thought Active was a type of manual trans. but now i know its just the model like SX, so if your an active person thats your model LOL.
cheers

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal