CRDI Tuning

Zhangster · 67 · 32507

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Interestingly, it is not a plug'n'play option - it is a reprogramming of the ECU (or PCM) even though the name "Powerchip" gives the impression it is an add-on chip.  The 1.6 CRDi version costs more than the 2.0 diesel version.  I found this when researching possible upgrades for the Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi.

There are some petrol engined versions available, but none seem to be for the i30 petrol.

Here's the link to the website http://www.powerchipgroup.com/index.asp.  Just select the year, the make and the model to see the specs.

Bob

Hi Bob

Thanks for that...

I think the 2.0i is the petrol i30 (remembering that the 2.0 diesel is not sold in Australia and the "before" power and torque figures are in line with the petrol model) only A$690 or so compared to over A$1200 for the diesel  :'(
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

ouri30

Interestingly, it is not a plug'n'play option - it is a reprogramming of the ECU (or PCM) even though the name "Powerchip" gives the impression it is an add-on chip.  The 1.6 CRDi version costs more than the 2.0 diesel version.  I found this when researching possible upgrades for the Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi.

There are some petrol engined versions available, but none seem to be for the i30 petrol.

Here's the link to the website http://www.powerchipgroup.com/index.asp.  Just select the year, the make and the model to see the specs.

Bob

Hi Bob

Thanks for that...

I think the 2.0i is the petrol i30 (remembering that the 2.0 diesel is not sold in Australia and the "before" power and torque figures are in line with the petrol model) only A$690 or so compared to over A$1200 for the diesel  :'(

Your probably right Dazz.  I never looked at the power and torque figures.  If that is the case, then that has to be the first tuning upgrade we've seen for the petrol.

Bob

Offline andrejs

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
      Zagreb
i know this is an old thread. I was absent from forum for a long time... and i was writing here before...

I did not want to start new thread for the CRDI Tuning...

Here is my experience....

i was waiting for my service to start tuning diesel engines... so they startred around new year. i was the first one :), my i30 was test subject. i now have 136hp and 306 NM and 0-100 kmh 8,6 sec :). there is no problem with it even after around 10.000 km :) oil is the same color no errors and so on

still I'm waiting for a CAI (cold air intake) that's in the works. should be up and running in week or two. :)

I'll write in separate thread about modifications done, and what i plan on my car :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

should be up and ruining in week or two. :)

Thanks for the update... I hope your spelling or typo error is not an omen...

Offline andrejs

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
      Zagreb
should be up and ruining in week or two. :)

Thanks for the update... I hope your spelling or typo error is not an omen...

ah... well my native language is Croatian, so... there will be some spelling errors in my writing

p.s. i corrected it :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

You're right my friend.. your english is very good ( it was just a funny coincidence)  :razz:

I can only do a tiny bit of French  :wink: :razz:

Offline andrejs

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
      Zagreb
:) nice i did study French for few years in grade school and i know only few words ...

but English i learned watching TV :) (sky one as kid and etc)  and reading a lot of books in English as i was growing older :) , English is almost like my second native language ...

I'll wait a little to see if moderators and admins will take my advice about opening new part of the forum for member cars projects  ... and if not.. I'll post in diesel part of forum about modifications I've done and that I'm planing to do on my car :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal