i30 Owners Club

ASA you still watching the test Cricket ?

Lakes · 23 · 5304

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
 :) :)
What do you think?
me i'm no expert, but you Brits where always tough cooky's ,  ( never stop winging  :rofl: but tough as they come ) your foot ballers all tough , but your Ash's team  :disapp:

Just luck you guys don't play Aussie rules.

Merry Xmas

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I haven't, I am now happy to inform you...   I'd have had to stay up all night, not gonna be doing then.   Anyhow, don't get too cocky just yet cos in a few short weeks it'll be the 'Six Nations' and we is gonna whooop your ozzie asses then  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Six Nations Rugby huh?
Wanna bet you don't win a game against the Aussies?
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
I don't think much of Swanny suddenly quitting. He could have waited until after the 5th Test. Perhaps he did not want to be the 12th man. They don't even carry the drinks these days, they have the GatorAid truck roll on to the field. :cool:

Ah well, Monty Panesar, roll your sleeves up and start spinning old son. :whistler:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I don't think much of Swanny suddenly quitting. He could have waited until after the 5th Test. Perhaps he did not want to be the 12th man. They don't even carry the drinks these days, they have the GatorAid truck roll on to the field. :cool:

Ah well, Monty Panesar, roll your sleeves up and start spinning old son. :whistler:

Yeah I agree about Swan...   Although, I suspect there is more to that story than meets the eye.  We'll just have to see !!

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Another day of drama for English cricket
Mon Dec 23 2013

The furore surrounding Graeme Swann's comments about players being up their backsides shows how badly the bottom has dropped out of the English Ashes tour.

The fresh controversy comes a day after the English off-spinner stunned the cricket world by announcing his retirement with two Tests left in the series.

A tour that seemed full of promise for England is now in disarray.

The Ashes are gone and Australia are on track for a 5-0 whitewash.

Read more::link:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
 :) the important part is the ash from those old burnt out cricket stumps, is back where it rightfully belongs.
but you had us worried there for a while.
i think Swan was saying on the news, he missed his boyfriend or something, as well as being stuffed or warn out. i think he also needed to get home for xmas & cool off. just not good for the sport i'd fine him his test wage that would get him to think it over.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
:) the important part is the ash from those old burnt out cricket stumps, is back where it rightfully belongs.
i think Swan was saying on the news, he missed his boyfriend or something, as well as being stuffed or warn out. i think he also needed to get home for xmas & cool off. just not good for the sport i'd fine him his test wage that would get him to think it over.

I agree, money loss might fetch him back to reality.

We need Boycot back really..  He'd go out there and bat all day for 3 runs.  Then you'd die of boredom  :rofl:  but at least he used to get his head down and do what he was paid for.

And who can forget the 79 test they even had comedy back then :-

Lillee caught willey bowled Dilly

Them was the days, when men woz men and the women were glad of it  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
FOUR - ZIP!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for commin' Poms.
 :whistler: :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :happydance: :razz:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
By jove old chaps, jolly goodt batting today by Rogers and Watson. :D

As for Captain Cook, put him on the British Airways aircraft with Swanny, back to England's green and pleasant land. :whistler:  I fear Cooks captaincy might be all over, red rover. :(
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Unfortunately the actual "Ashes" urn was a gift to the MCC, so will always remain in England, regardless of who "holds" them.  BTW, they aren't actually sure of what is in the urn, but it was legend that it is a burnt bail (or bails) to represent the death of English cricket.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
thanks for that info FB, i read it had the ashs from stumps. but just shows can't be leave all you read in papers.
is it too risky moving them around? they need a sign to let everyone know who holds them to date.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

I agree, money loss might fetch him back to reality.

We need Boycot back really..  He'd go out there and bat all day for 3 runs.  Then you'd die of boredom  :rofl:  but at least he used to get his head down and do what he was paid for.

And who can forget the 79 test they even had comedy back then :-

Lillee caught willey bowled Dilly

Them was the days, when men woz men and the women were glad of it  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL ASA so true, what about Merv with the Moe always chasing his team m8's to reward them with a kiss, LOL

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

thanks for that info FB, i read it had the ashs from stumps. but just shows can't be leave all you read in papers.
is it too risky moving them around? they need a sign to let everyone know who holds them to date.

It may be stumps, I have been known to be wrong in the past.  I believe that they are considered too valuable to move.  Even the urn that they hold up in the presentation ceremony in England is a replica.  As I said, the urn was a present to the MCC, so remain at Lords.  It was only after the urn was presented that the teams started to play for "the Ashes".

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
It is the ashes of a bail from the first test, which I understand we won.

The genuine article HAS been out here on display on at least one occasion in the past - maybe for the Centenary Test or Australia's Bi-centennial.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

The genuine article HAS been out here on display on at least one occasion in the past - maybe for the Centenary Test or Australia's Bi-centennial.

Yeah, that's when we swapped 'em for a replica.  :razz:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Imagine if they got destroyed in a fire ..  :eek: Then they would be "The ashes of the ashes"  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Now that you mention it, Trev, I remember a tour of the ashes here a few years back.

Here is more on the history of "the Ashes urn".  Apparently it has been to Australia twice, once for the Bi-centenary Test Match, and once in 2006 for a tour of all state capitals.

The Ashes urn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Offline kittikat

• 6th Gear
  • Purrrrfect (AKA Radar...)

• au Australia
      Sunbury, Vic
We live in Sunbury, and our children went to the Salesian College at Rupertswood mansion.  We take our dog there for her walks quite often. 

:D
  • Dark Knight Kona Highlander 1.6l turbo aka Connor

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
Well the English had the Aussies at 5 wickets down for 95 runs at lunch today, then as usual Haddin and Smith pulled us out of a hole.   Bad luck for Rankin, hamstring by the sounds of it. Tea Break now. :victory:

• FD i30 Trophy

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW

Swanny misses his boyfriend? I did not know he was a £3 note. :( :-[
  • FD i30 Trophy

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal