...well, she thinks it's hers

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Splendid.

Notice you got "auto" on all 4 window controls, plus auto-fold mirrors. Nice.

Glorious alloys and what's those controls on the right of the steering wheel? Cruise Control?

Do both exhaust chutes blow?

Gotta say that's a mighty fine i30 there mate.

Defo not "the wife's" car. Get her telt.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hey Shambles,

Auto on all four windows.. how can you tell that from those pix..?

i30manuk ... nice cars... only thing I don't like is the fact yur number plates are different colour on the back to the front... :D

Cheers,

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Dazz,

There's extra writing on the button of each window control. Looks the same as mine and says "Auto", which does auto-up and auto-down.

Thumper, the TA on the radio switches the set into Traffic Announce, which automatically retunes the current station to one which has started broadcasting updated traffic info; it switches back when the announcement stops. The PTY brings up a selection of program types (genres) from which you can select. Types that appear on mine are "Easy listening", "Jazz", "Modern", "Pop", "Classical" etc etc. There's about 20 of them. No use as it doesn't seem to work, although it probably depends on the stations actually broadcasting their genre.

The other buttons you asked about are (left) rheostat (centre) ESP (on/off) + windscreen wiper deicer (right) headlight leveller (0 to 5).

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Hi Thumper

I had a look on the way to work just now, and the figures for 6th gear are - 1,600rpm @ 60mph ...and 1,100rpm (EDIT - THIS SHOULD BE 2,100RPM, NOT 1,100) @ 60mph in 5th gear.

If it stops raining I intend to get the back end up on axle stands this weekend, so I'll take some pics of the exhaust while I'm underneath. I think I read on this forum somewhere that one of the tailpipes is just for show, so that's what I'm expecting to find - but we'll see!

PTY stands for Programmme Type - and it does what Shambles said. Never use it myself.

TA is for Traffic Announcements - Live in England and you'll understand why they include it! Once again, it's a feature I don't use - I just make sure I buy a car that's nice to be in when you're in traffic  :mrgreen:

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
I30 Man,

looks fantastic and great choice of colour (same as mine) :cry:

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Quote from: "EYMATEAPOT"
Love the twin exhaust, even if one is just for show.

I just had a close look at the exhaust tailpipes and one isn't 'for show'................. THEY BOTH ARE!!!!!!

I'll do pics tomorrow, but  just so you all know, both 'tailpipes' are in fact dummies and are part of the plastic rear bumper - quite convincing, but fake!  :o

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Jeebers!

I can't wait to see these pics.

So, you have a standard exhaust poking downwards, and the twins are just dummies?

What a con.

I'd ask for my money back.

No I wouldn't actually.

Wanna swap?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hemmi mentioned they were dummies in another thread so he's opted to skip that part of his bodykit....

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
I had a scare yesterday - It seemed to me that the odometer was recording far more miles than I'd actually driven, so I did a test on the way to work - and phew! It's spot on! Suppose I've just been driving further than I thought.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Imagine how Foxey feels.... 70,000+ kms P.A. (around 44,000 miles P.A. I think) :shock:

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Quote from: "i30manUK"
Hi Thumper

I had a look on the way to work just now, and the figures for 6th gear are - 1,600rpm @ 60mph ...and 1,100rpm @ 60mph in 5th gear.

Is that meant to be 2,100rpm @ 60mph in 5th ?

Reason why I wanted to know is, I've found our (Australian version) i30 to rev far too high when on the highway. At 110km/h (68.35mph) I'm doing 2,300rpm

If I drop the rpm down to 1,700 I've found the engine to be more economical. (Problem is, in 5th gear, that equals roughly 70km/h (43.5mph))

Why didn't Hyundai give Australians the 6 speed box? (We have long distances to travel, at high speed)  8-)

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Quote from: "Thumper"
Hi Thumper

I had a look on the way to work just now, and the figures for 6th gear are - 1,600rpm @ 60mph ...and 1,100rpm @ 60mph in 5th gear.

Is that meant to be 2,100rpm @ 60mph in 5th ?

oops yes, sorry - that should be 2,100 - I'll edit the first post if I can.

You're right, it seems wrong that you don't have the 6-speed option, with all those distances to cover.

...as for the headlight levelling, would you like me to get prices for any UK items?

...and most importantly, I've just removed the 2 annoying dealer stickers from the rear window  :P

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Mate I would love to know the cost of the headlights (With the built in levelers) the leveler switch inside, on the dash. Please.  :D

EDIT: yeah, dealer stickers!  :lol:

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Mate I would love to know the cost of the headlights (With the built in levelers) the leveler switch inside, on the dash. Please.  :oops:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
"Dealer stickers" that were attached to mine, said "0% finance over 3 years" and "full 5 year warranty"

I couldn't wait to get the hairdryer on those I can tell you!

Amazing that headlight levelling isn't standard on ALL vehicles.

Offline awj2005

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Busselton
hi
ive found that the easiest way to get stickers off is rip them off and use metholated spirits to take off the sticky residue left on the window, done that to mine and im about to take off the dealer number plates that come with it, its pissed me off so much..

ash

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yeah good... I didn't like the colour of them anyway... :D

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: "awj2005"
hi
ive found that the easiest way to get stickers off is rip them off and use metholated spirits to take off the sticky residue left on the window,
The decals on mine were fixed so tight I couldn't even get a fingernail under. The hairdryer works by softening and lifting them

ouri30
One of the best ways I have found of removing pesty stickers is to soften the glue with eucalyptus oil or tea tree oil (works better than metho).  Just put a little oil on a cloth and wet the sticker.  Leave for a minute or so and hey presto, the sticker comes off easily.  Then use the oil on a cloth to remove any glue residue.

Bob

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Mate I would love to know the cost of the headlights (With the built in levelers) the leveler switch inside, on the dash. Please.  :(

icatcher
hey i30man, very nice car indeed. I think you've got the equivalent of my i-catcher version in a 2-liter model. I noticed that your dash and all the items are the same as I have. I only don't have your double (fake)exhaust. But I'd like to have that item as well. Who cares that they do't smoke? Here in Holland you aren't allowed to smoke in a public area anyway... :lol:
Question: what size of rims do you have?

Greetz,
Tony

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Quote from: "icatcher"
hey i30man, very nice car indeed. I think you've got the equivalent of my i-catcher version in a 2-liter model. I noticed that your dash and all the items are the same as I have. I only don't have your double (fake)exhaust. But I'd like to have that item as well. Who cares that they do't smoke? Here in Holland you aren't allowed to smoke in a public area anyway... :lol:
Question: what size of rims do you have?

Greetz,
Tony

Hi Tony - thanks for the comments - To be honest I quite like the fact that my fake tailpipes don't get black with soot every time I drive, but I'd prefer it if they were real.

The wheels are 18" (7.5" width) and quite heavy - I removed this evening for a closer look. Here is where they come from - http://www.ms-design.com/carx1ms1_2.icc ... 21&start=6

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Mate I would love to know the cost of the headlights (With the built in levelers) the leveler switch inside, on the dash. Please.  :(

Umm, we are RHD as well! (English and Australian cars have the steering wheel on the same side.)

As per the Red LED thread.

Hyundai Australia know nothing about any other option for the i30, unless it was sold in Australia in the first place.  8-)

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England

Umm, we are RHD as well! (English and Australian cars have the steering wheel on the same side.)

As per the Red LED thread.

Hyundai Australia know nothing about any other option for the i30, unless it was sold in Australia in the first place.  8-)

Haha - You know, that's what I thought, but the parts man convinced me I was wrong! I'll get back to them.

icatcher
On this site you gave for the rims I noticed that they also have the double exhaust as a separate part. It's a pity that they don't show pices.
Did you order your rims at that firm? (They're in Austria...)

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Quote from: "icatcher"
On this site you gave for the rims I noticed that they also have the double exhaust as a separate part. It's a pity that they don't show pices.
Did you order your rims at that firm? (They're in Austria...)

No mate, I didn't buy the wheels separately - they were already on the car as part of the 'Sport' model. I just found the site so I could see how much they cost as a separate item.

Thumper - I phoned the parts department again and this time I spoke to someone who knew that you drive on the left! He was more helpful. He said he'd get prices and phone me back, but he hasn't! He also said you'd need the wiring loom, which is about £600/£700, but I told him you were a genius and you could do it without the loom!  :)
I'll phone them again tomorrow if they don't contact me.

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Got the tints done - Light Smoke front, Smoke everywhere else.

I'm really happy with the way it looks - I don't like it when there's an obvious difference between front & rear (with apologies to anyone who has it like that), Light Smoke all round would have been too light at the back, whereas Smoke all round would have been too obviously illegal for the UK, so what I've had done is a good compromise, and hopefully (fingers crossed) the slight difference between front and rear will make it less likely to be spotted by the old bill.

Anyway (sorry the car's not too clean) here are some pics...

:D

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal