Finally got it! :)

Guest · 104 · 32798

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I like your wheels and the nice building behind the car in the 2nd photo .. :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
I like your wheels and the nice building behind the car in the 2nd photo .. :goodjob:

:whsaid:

:brilliant:

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
Not uncle Tom's cabin...
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Xamaxy
Hi boyz and girlz, im back :evil:

Nothing new on the car, i know, shocking :faint: 

....tho, in a week will test drive 17" to try to see if difference is big enough to make me poor :rofl:  :rofl: + one more thing, but details when it happens.

On winter tires now and must say 100000000 times better then Hankook. Friendly advice: get rid of hankook now all!!!!
Three times almost accident coz of them, 2 times LSD saved me, and once superb brakes on i30.

Cheers!!

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Hi boyz and girlz, im back :evil:

Nothing new on the car, i know, shocking :faint: 

....tho, in a week will test drive 17" to try to see if difference is big enough to make me poor :rofl:  :rofl: + one more thing, but details when it happens.

On winter tires now and must say 100000000 times better then Hankook. Friendly advice: get rid of hankook now all!!!!
Three times almost accident coz of them, 2 times LSD saved me, and once superb brakes on i30.

Cheers!!
Do you mean summer Hankook tires?
If so I can not confirm your words as I haven't had any problems with them for two seasons, since 2010, moreover, as far as I remember, the summer tires of Getz were the ones of Hankook as well, so taking this into account I would extend the problem-less driving up to 4 seasons in total (from March 2008).

What is LSD, by the way?  :mrgreen:

Xamaxy
Yes, summer tire Hankook Optimo K415 205/55 R16.
Even remote grip simple does not exist in any wet conditions with this tire. For dry almost every tire is decent.
Thats what i meant.

PS
Forgot to write about bloody chestnut tree, i parked under one a and ofc one huge had to fall on the roof and dent it :blubber: :blubber: :blubber:
Not to mention insane woman going back from parking and hitting me, i couldnt believe my eyes!!! I was next to my car, the worst sound i ever heard...luckily front bumper just sort of "flexed back" with invisible little scratch. Huge luck for her, i went insane

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Yes, summer tire Hankook Optimo K415 205/55 R16.
Even remote grip simple does not exist in any wet conditions with this tire. For dry almost every tire is decent.
Thats what i meant.

PS
Forgot to write about bloody chestnut tree, i parked under one a and ofc one huge had to fall on the roof and dent it :blubber: :blubber: :blubber:
Hm, I have never had any problems while passing through the puddles.

Thanks God those chestnut trees are not widespread in Saint-Petersburg, not to mention Kolpino, though there are handful of them behind my home, but the area there is not meant for parking.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
I agree on the tires. They are decent, but can't compare with let's say Bridgestone Turanza ER300, Continental Premium Contact, Dunlop SP Fastresp, Pirelli P6 and tires like that. I have Falken Ziex ZE-912 as my summer tires, 205/55/16 and they are, I would say, about the same as the Hankook's - okay in dry, but not that good in wet.

Xamaxy
Eibach -30/-20 installed. Nicely improved ride and better dampening on bad roads.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Nice shot of your car.. They are nice wheels aren't they  :mrgreen:

So you have new springs and they are 30mm shorter at the front and 20mm shorter at the rear but better ride  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Xamaxy
Comfort is pretty much the same. Better cornering. And i like much much more sound when hitting road irregularities-certainly improvement over noisy stock.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Looks good  :goodjob: and I bet it rides much better, than the soft standard suspension setup.

I would really like my car in that color, but they are very rare here in Denmark  :'(

• i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Xamaxy
46.000km on the car. Exactly 2 years old. Insurance and technical inspection done flawlessly (forgot the correct name for that expensive once a year crap)
New summer tyre 205/55 r16 bridgestone potenza re050a 91W, and new digital tuning box.

Looks like i'm having the same issue with EGR like many i30 users. Will be replaced under warranty so no problem there.

Defnitively something fishy about i30s suspension. Many say that i30 gives too much vibrations and unnecessary sounds when on bad even remotly bad roads. And that is true...tho there are people like me who dont care about that , and there are others that say never again hyundai, next will be soft french car.
I reported that this was very good solved with eibach, since then i had 4 i30 owners driving with me and they all agreed lowered/stiffer car made i30 produce less unnecessary suspension sounds over bad roads.

There are few members also with lowered cars, did you noticed this?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 14:18:36 by Xamaxy »

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i noticed just that,lowered suspension on an i30 feels and sounds completely different too the stock ride height. my car is about an inch and a half lower than your car Xamaxy,but it rides like I've spent big dollars on the struts and they are still stock.  :mrgreen: :cool:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal