Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Who is google[bot]????
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline 30L6805

• 2nd Gear

• vn Viet Nam
      Hanoi
is a web spider (bot) that runs thru every page when a related search is done. I also run a phpbb3 forum and i shut off this and other related bot... :)

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
copied and pasted from the below link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googlebot

A Googlebot is a search bot used by Google. It collects documents from the web to build a searchable index for the Google search engine.

If a webmaster wishes to restrict the information on their site available to a Googlebot, or another well-behaved spider, they can do so with the appropriate directives in a robots.txt file,[1] or by adding the meta tag <meta name="Googlebot" content="noindex"> to the webpage. [2] Googlebot requests to Web servers are discernible from their user-agent string 'Googlebot'.

Googlebot has two versions, deepbot and freshbot. Deepbot, the deep crawler, tries to follow every link on the web and download as many pages as it can to the Google indexers. It completes this process about once a month. Freshbot crawls the web looking for fresh content. It visits websites that change frequently, according to how frequently they change. Currently Googlebot only follows HREF links and SRC links. [3]

Googlebot discovers pages by harvesting all of the links on every page it finds. It then follows these links to other web pages. New web pages must be linked to from another known page on the web in order to be crawled and indexed.

A problem which webmasters have often noted with the Googlebot is that it takes up an enormous amount of bandwidth. This can cause websites to exceed their bandwidth limit and be taken down temporarily. This is especially troublesome for mirror sites which host many gigabytes of data. Google provides "Webmaster Tools" that allow website owners to throttle the crawl rate. [1]

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

will this attack my computer???

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: "eye30"
will this attack my computer???
Nah mate. You're thinking about robocop. Or googlecop

It's a good thing really. I've noticed the bot spidering this site a few times today. It means the main google index will soon include searchable results from the public's google enquiries. In fact, the more occurrences of "i30ownersclub" that appear in posts, the higher ranked this site may become. I think.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

THanks Shambles.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
No probs, valued fellow member of i30ownersclub (which can be found by entering www.i30ownersclub.com into a browser address bar). That's i30ownersclub.com .

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Guys,

You took the words right out of my mouth, Shambles (as Meatloaf used to say)

I was disappointed that we were not showing on any google searches and was thinking of sending Dave and Toxxic a message to see what we could do to lift our search profile but might not need to now!

Have a mate who's a wizz with websites (makes a living off them) and i don't know whether it's an acceptable practice but he puts a lot of hidden words on his home page somehow that makes his sites go up the search rankings considerably.. Not exactly sure how it works..

Cheers,

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
Hi Guys,

It must have been while you were kissing me

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Oh yuk.. the thought of it! :roll:

Offline toxxic

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Yeah words like that are ok, but not for us really seeing as out site is pretty specific, we dont want people searching about pasta ending up at our forums, google will take care of this themselves, indexing all our pages - this will hopefully keep us confined too i30 specific searches.

As for pagerank and all that, this will come in time, and with more incoming links... (i.e. links from other websites).

I am thinking about setting up a front news page for you guys, so everytime a new i30 article is spotted on the web we can provide a summary and a link, what do you guys recon?

Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
Hi Guys,

I was disappointed that we were not showing on any google searches and was thinking of sending Dave and Toxxic a message to see what we could do to lift our search profile but might not need to now!

Have a mate who's a wizz with websites (makes a living off them) and i don't know whether it's an acceptable practice but he puts a lot of hidden words on his home page somehow that makes his sites go up the search rankings considerably.. Not exactly sure how it works..

Cheers,

Dazz

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Toxxic (and Dave)

Sounds good to me...

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal