i30 Owners Club

has anyone voided their warranty

2i30s · 12 · 3157

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
just wondering if anyone has modified there car and actually void its warranty,lowered it,big exhaust,air intake,rims to big,or any other reason? cheers. steve.
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
just wondering if anyone has modified there car and actually void its warranty,lowered it,big exhaust,air intake,rims to big,or any other reason? cheers. steve.

Guess anyone who has "chipped"  their car or done some of those other things you mentioned has technically voided their warranty...

But how it works the way I understand it .. is that you would only get a negative ruling under warranty if there was a link with the item altered...

For example if someone lowered their car then had a problem with the suspension it might not be honored but if they had a problem with their electric windows or the alternator or something like that the warranty wouldn't be void on those sort of unrelated items... 

and some modifications may be hard to detect or can be removed before going in to make a claim... :wink:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i think your right,

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I'm in for 2nd service (25000 miles) on 29th May, but will ensure my CR tuningbox is removed the day before. Gawd only knows what they'd say if they saw it connected. My guess is they might make a note of it on my records....
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'm in for 2nd service (25000 miles) on 29th May, but will ensure my CR tuningbox is removed the day before. Gawd only knows what they'd say if they saw it connected. My guess is they might make a note of it on my records....

Is that also why you are showing your car in Green on here ( camouflage ..) :lol:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
the accessories in the uk site show 19" rims,sports exhaust and lowering springs,we can get that here in oz. :mad:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

the accessories in the uk site show 19" rims,sports exhaust and lowering springs,we can get that here in oz. :mad:

did you mean we can't get that here in oz?

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
not as a dealership accessory.

Offline tiny

• 3rd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
that's how hyundai warranty works, almost everywhere i suppose, if you have a ecu upgrade/tuning box or whatever or other mods, they won't say a thing, but if your turbo breaksdown or something they'll shove it in your face. that's how it is over here with all the hyundais.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Well the way i see it is, why would you worry?
you don't mind spending $ doing all these mods so why do you worry about spending money to fix problems they might cause?
if i was the manufacturer i would do the same!
as the car is warranted as it comes. if the owner chooses to to modify to make more power & TQ then something breaks in drive line i would not fix it for them free.
but i can't see a problem fitting larger wheels or lowering the car....Unless they in turn cause a problem in the steering or front wheel CV joints. but insurance companys are another thing. the thing is go to your Hyundai service team ask them. they must not mind lowering or fitting larger wheels as i have meet a few people from Hyundai dealerships that have done these mods to there own i30.
the tuning box should be ok if no one see's it.
me i'm just useing this car as transport i'm in no hurry i leave early. cheers

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
That reminds me, John, I must remove my tuningbox tomorrow before Fridays 25k mile service :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Good thing Steve, i think they might not take any notice of tuning box, but better to be safe than sorry.
i would like one, but too lazy to worry, i think you boys and girls in GB would drive a lot faster than we do here in Australia.
cheers

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal