Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Fiery Red 2019 Premium!
    • Mutley Productions
bloody defectors!

Yeah I feel a bit that way, too, but it was Ford which pulled the funding for their team a couple of years back which precipitated the change.
One of the biggest faux pas in Australian motoring history IMO.

I like Lowndes. Never liked Skaife but since he's been commentating for 7 he's grown on me a bit, so I'm happy to see them win.

BTW. Mark Webber - 2nd in Japan so retains and extends his lead in the title race with three rounds to go.
I like Lowndes. Never liked Skaife but since he's been commentating for 7 he's grown on me a bit, so I'm happy to see them win.

BTW. Mark Webber - 2nd in Japan so retains and extends his lead in the title race with three rounds to go.

Funny but that's how I feel about Skaife too (wife goes for Skaife, I go for Lowndes and Courtney) So both pretty happy with results..

Good about Webber too... :D

I'm exactly the same!!! Prefer Lowndes to be in a ford but it's not his fault ford pulled out. Really stupid of them. Not a Skaife fan at all........

Goooooo Webberrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Just thought I'd mention, they don't have airbags in those race cars, i think we would all be safer with roll cadges and crash helmets and 6 point seat belts. what we have is just bandaid safty, what do others think?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Just thought I'd mention, they don't have airbags in those race cars, i think we would all be safer with roll cadges and crash helmets and 6 point seat belts. what we have is just bandaid safty, what do others think?

Fair call John but not practical or cost effective for the average car to be built with a full roll cage (or Volvo would be doing it already) and i can't imagine someone's grandmother wearing a crash helmet in her 20 year old Mazda 323...(that would be a classic)  :lol: :lol:

Maybe 6 point seatbelts would be feasible though  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

LOL... here are some pics of a friends track car notice how all teh doors are obstructed!! and this is as my friend puts it "is a basic cage"

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
what sort of car is it? looks like a falcon or a blue bird.  :wink:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
GTS1 R31 skyline :) its had lots of work done to it!

but being a fred gibson special (1 of 200 made/modified) i personally feel, a collectors item has been ruined, but its not my car... not my choice, all the best to him! i do admire and i tip my hat to dave, the work and man hours that have gone into it to get it where it is today as a "track car" are quite astounding!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i used to work next door to Gibson motorsport in the days of the Godzilla's,they would store cars in our factory sometimes.  :cool:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal