i30 Owners Club

Servicing

Offline bloodnut

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Hi all,
Just wondering have any of you guys had the 30000km service done on your diesel yet, took the wife's rocket in to get serviced they want $600+, this seems like a complete ripoff!! After i told them i will be suppling the synthetic oil & no need to change air filter as i have installed a K&n filter, which is cleaned every 5000km, they kindly dropped it to $450 which is still obscene! They want $130 for a petrol filter! Now I've vented, how much have you guys being paying for 30000km service from Hyundai Dealers?

STILL LOVE THE CAR!
Cheers Bloodnut. :evil:

Offline Ian

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Hi Bloodnut
By phoning around Hyundai dealers the service cost went from $650 to $486 for a 30000km service. :D
here is a rundown on some of the costs
oil plug gasket $ 2.76
air filter           $ 40.37
diesel filter       $ 134.63 :evil:
oil filter            $22.64
Mobil one esp   $75.00
brake fluid        $11.50
The original dealer who did the other services wanted to know why i took the car to another dealer so i told him,the result $75 off my next service and a free loan car
Ian

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
I got mine done back in April and it cost me $440. Incidentally I just got my 45,000km service the other day, and it cost me $279, so that might be a heads up for your next one :)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i cant comment on a 30,000kms service as I've only done 10,500 since April o9. :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Bloodnut

I use an independent service centre where my friend works. I didn't replace the fuel filter at 30,000 The way I read it and the way the Hyundai spare parts reads it, it needs to be changed at 60,000 intervals. From memory I paid about A$40 for my air filter and a bit over A$20 for my oil filter (didn't need any brake fluid) and I buy my own oil Castol Edge Sport 5W30 for between A$30 and $35 on special.. My special labour rate is a secret ( I get looked after very well)  :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bloodnut

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Thanks for the replies & pricing, pricing sounds about the same, just was'nt expecting that much. At least i save a bit by having the K&N filter & bought the Castrol synthetic on special.
Cheers Bloodnut

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal