accim · 169 · 57872

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Okay, so today I picked up the new i30CW  :happydance:
It is 1.6 CRDi HP (116hp), 6-speed manual, Comfort equipment.

For me, it is a big difference, because of the fact, it has quite a lot of equipment, that I didn't have in my previous i30. And beside more important things like auto A/C or 6-speed manual, it has also rear el. windows, auto el. front drivers window, el. folding mirrors, door handles in the color of the car, fog lights, etc.. I did approx 100 km today, I plan on taking a bigger trip with it till the end of this week. Really enjoyed every single km. Like I bought totally different car. I love the new gearbox, it shifts much better and smoother, I also really love the color. On the pics it just doesn't look as nice as it does in person. I'll try to make some better photos, where it can be seen in all it's beauty  :twisted:

So here are just a few pictures. You know there will be a lots of them soon, but for today, this is it:

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 21:44:17 by accim »

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Super cool. :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Vary nice indeed and I can tell your the proud dad  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
The best car is a new car.
It is equipped with roof railings, but still there is no the top glove box

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Yap, all i30's after 2008 (or 2009) lost the top compartment. Don't know why, but okay. Didn't use it anyway, but at least it looks better with it. I'll probably find some solution to fit navigation there somehow.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

accim
you may buy this thing separately from either a dealer or via internet, in Russia it costs 2000rub (about 70$). Having got it you may install it yourself, if you need any help I can provide you with some photos from the Russian i30's club.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Yap, all i30's after 2008 (or 2009) lost the top compartment. Don't know why, but okay. Didn't use it anyway, but at least it looks better with it. I'll probably find some solution to fit navigation there somehow.

They just dropped that feature for the European built ones (I think your 1st  one would have been Korean built accim)

Yes I really like the new colour too accim (not avalable in OZ. )

Congratulations.. I am quite jealous   :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline neoto

• 3rd Gear

• si Slovenia

• i30cw 1.6 CRDi Style 90 HP
Let this one serve you as well as the first one!  :goodjob2:

That panel on the dash is attached from below with many screws... I don't get it why they have put just a fascia instead of full glove box...

Anyway, I'm missing SuperVision on the pictures  :whistler:

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Great pics!

In the 2nd and 3rd pics, I noticed what I think are small air dams protruding down along the wheel wells in front of the rear wheels.

Is that a new feature in the current model, or did you have those in the previous model?

My Beijing-built i30 doesn't have them.

• 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline Reaper

• 2nd Gear

• dk Denmark
Congratz on the car, it looks awesome and great with all the equipment. Badly want electric windows in the back, and the leather steering wheel. Might change to the leather wheel and knob, just can't find the real part number for the new 6speed fl.

Agree with neoto, there's no reason for making a blank plate instead, always hated having a blank. When we got the i30 I changed it, bought the unit on ebay for about 42 dollars incl shipping.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
First thank you all for the comments. Today is a rainy day even though the forecast for today was "sunny". But nevertheless it doesn't bother me and you probably know why  ;) Every single km I do with it, better it feels and goes.

I'll start from the end..

Reaper: I agree, but regarding the leather.. There is so little leather on the gear knob that I don't think it's worth changing it..

tla: Face lifted models have those "air dams". I didn't have it on previous model. I think it's function is also to protect the body (paint) from chips and stones from the road. I've described that problem on one of the sites of my previous topic (Silver i30CW). It does make the car look more aggressive though. I kind of like it. Edit: This is the area where I had problems.

neoto: I don't get it either. As I've said it, I didn't really use the one before, but I don't understand why leave it like this.. And about the Supervision.. Yeah, I do have it, just doesn't look as the ones I've posted in this topic. The ones that I have are basically the same as I had before (like almost all i30's have). The only difference is, that it also has the indicator which tells you when to shift for the best economy (arrow up and a number of the gear you should shift to). It's located where the "P" is in this picture. But it's not as big as the "P". I'll take a pic of it or make a video of how it works, when it tells you should shift, etc. Honestly I like this dash much more then the new one (if fits in better with the rest), but new dash would be refreshing  :wink:

Dazz: Why, you have the hybrid and the i30CW  :mrgreen: And they are both in almost the same color and they both look great  :cool:

meehalych: I'll check the internet a bit. Also have to do something about the sensors. The problem is, that I can't buy it at the dealers in Slovenia, because they don't have it. And from what I've heard they never changed/installed the compartment in the i30. The only thing left for me is, to check the internet, but I have never ordered things from other countries. Well I have ordered many things from all sorts of countries in the company where I work, but never privately anything for the car. I have to try though.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:30:12 by accim »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Accim.. It is just that the 6 speed CRDi CW is the "pick of the litter" in my opinion... :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Congratulations Accim - your new car looks fantastic.
Love it.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Just a question accim.. I see you transferred the phone over to the new car .. did you manage to transfer the rattle as well  :lol: :P

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

accim
you should try ebay first, cause the prices there are mostly lower than anywhere else, especially when parking sensors are concerned.
I think there should be the auto parts internet shop in your city, the one, where you order a spare part with a specific part number and waiting for it to be delivered to a local shop's store, or at least there must be the shops specialize in spare parts for Korean cars.

By the way, is there any i30 equipped with side moldings, the ones I had on Getz?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

By the way, is there any i30 equipped with side moldings, the ones I had on Getz?

They are an available accessory for the Hatch atleast...

I can edit this post with a photo shortly if Accim doesn't mind  :cool:

Offline neoto

• 3rd Gear

• si Slovenia

accim, did you pay any extra for this 'Supervision' dashboard? I got the same as stock...

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Congratulations on your new baby, she looks beautiful.  :D :D :D

Try this link for your dashboard mounted GPS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300480454967&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_4749wt_730
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
meehalych: You should know that our entire country is smaller then many cities in Russia ;) For example, Moscow has over 11 mio people (I read it on Wikip.). Well, Slovenia (entire country) has around 2 mio people :) We do have a lot of internet sites (online shops) where they sell car parts and car tuning/styling parts, but you can't find something on the internet and tell them to order it. It's like..what you see (on the site) is what you get. And there are no stores specialized for Korean vehicles. There are for VW, Audi, etc, but not for Koreans ;)

I can order some things from original Hyundai catalog at Slovenian Hyundai, but we don't even have a catalog for it anymore. You have to check German or Austrian catalog to find the number. And even then, some things can be delivered, some not. And in case they can be delivered, they usually cost more. In the German catalog, on site 6, there's a navigation mounted (item 02) in the top compartment. I'll see with Slovenian Hyundai if it would be possible to get it/to have it installed there and how much it would cost (installation and the navigation)

And regarding the side moldings. You can get them here also (but the ones as on Dazz's picture are really expensive). I've seen only few i30's with that (maybe 5 so far)

Ugly Mongrel: Thank you for the comment. I see that GPS, but I wouldn't want it to "stick" out all the time..

neoto: I don't think I have. They were in the "Comfort" equipment. And did you pay extra for the alloys or is your equipment Style?

Dazz: of course I don't mind the pic ;)

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

accim
And there are no stores specialized for Korean vehicles.
Here is a start point for your personal business  :D

Well, Slovenia (entire country) has around 2 mio people
Hmmm I start thinking of moving to your country  :) . Should I do it and the population would be 2 million +1  :D

Offline neoto

• 3rd Gear

• si Slovenia

accim: I payed extras only for cruise control, metalized color and delivery. And don't be woried about buying things on the internet. Just make sure that the site is trusty and use Paypal.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

accim
here is the central dashboard glove box on ebay, one member of one of the Russian i30 forum claims his cost only 28 $, now I'm waiting for the link to the seller from him.

Offline Reaper

• 2nd Gear

• dk Denmark
Bought mine for 28$ on ebay, but item no longer available. Last i checked though, they had 900+ in stock. Bought 2 from them. About a month or two ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120738079893&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3AOU%3AUS%3A1123#ht_1082wt_948

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Reaper
Thank you very much for this link to the seller, have just sent him a message.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Thank you, I'll check those links. I managed to take some more pictures today. I love the car, did only 250 km so far, but today is a second day, so.. I plan on driving more tomorrow. Would love to reach some 2,000 km as soon as possible and then test the car for real. I usually drive very carefully for first 2,000 km.

neoto: Do you also have the same gas pedal? You can press it normally to some point (to 2/3) and then it "stops". If you want to push the pedal to the max, you have to press it a bit harder - you know what I mean.. It's designed in that way, so it prevents you from accelerating with full gas all the time (fuel consumption). If you need max power, you just need to push the pedal a bit harder for the 3/3 power, but for normal driving, the 2/3's range is enough.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Here are the pics I was talking about:

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 23:01:36 by accim »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the new pix accim... Are your Girlfriend and her Dad impressed with the new CW as well?  :D

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Thanks for the new pix accim... Are your Girlfriend and her Dad impressed with the new CW as well?  :D

Yeah, they love the new i30! Especially the color and the front bumper. Yesterday we were at their place and her father "examined" the interior. He liked that too - the auto A/C and he love the folding mirrors. Also gave a compliment about the seats. I forgot to mentioned, that the fabric on the seats is different as it is in his i30 or in my previous i30. I don't know how to explain it, it looks more "3D". Maybe it can be seen better in this pic. It just feels more "breathable" - better ;)

All in all, I'm really happy for getting the new one. Thanks also for the advices  :goodjob:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 23:14:07 by accim »

Offline Seoul-mate

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Great pics!

In the 2nd and 3rd pics, I noticed what I think are small air dams protruding down along the wheel wells in front of the rear wheels.

Is that a new feature in the current model, or did you have those in the previous model?

As hard as I look I can't see what you are referring to. Maybe it's just the side skirts that you can see???
  • i30 1.6 Diesel (03/08- 09/12), MB B200 (09/12 -->)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Great pics!

As hard as I look I can't see what you are referring to. Maybe it's just the side skirts that you can see???

I think he was talking about that. I also couldn't remember how it is called exactly.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal