i30 Owners Club

Yet another ACT resident

Offline bikejockey

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi everyone - great to see such a positive BB.

My i30 is still 2-3 months away but I can't wait... I'm hoping I get as much enjoyment out of the car as you all seem to.
  • i30 cw SX CRDI manual, Surly LHT

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Bikejockey,

welcome, good to have another Canberran on board, that makes 5 of us i think  :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Interesting Moniker B-J...

Welcome aboard... We really do have a great club, a great car and a great time.  ;)

Thanks again for joining... The Canberra guys have been great contributors so far..

Cheers,

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bikejockey

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Dazz,

I use a bike (the Surly) for nearly all travel around town.

So why buy an i30? I hadn't planned to get a new car for a couple of years but both my partner and I drive thirsty-ish V6 wagons and I started to do some early research in preparation.

Then I saw the i30 - 'nuff said!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good one.... I've got a moonlight Blue SLX Crdi - See "look at me" in show your car... It's great (and nice colour too...) ;)

Offline bikejockey

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Dazz,

Saw your photos - it's a great colour eh?

Actually I was seduced by Steel Grey (also a great colour) for a while but my partner made an executive decision - the right one I hasten to add.

Half your luck living in Tas - had a great bushwalking holiday there a couple of years ago.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks....Some good roads to drive the I30 on too..she loves winding roads with hills! :mrgreen:

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi bikejockey,

Did you order your car from the dealer in the noth or south, just curious?

Dont seem to see to many i30's drivind around the act yet, but we,re doing our bit to change that hey. :D

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome bikejockey from 1 of the POMS.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi bikejockey - POM number 2 checking in  :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Quote from: "EYMATEAPOT"
Hi bikejockey,

Did you order your car from the dealer in the noth or south, just curious?

Dont seem to see to many i30's driving around the act yet, but we,re doing our bit to change that hey. :lol:

Actually, the only two other i30's I have seen in Canberra have been government cars!  :lol:

Offline bikejockey

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Teapot,

Southside dealer and I've found them very helpful so far. I'll see how it goes when I ask for a second remote control.

You're right about the low number of i30s around. So far I've seen a diesel at Southlands but the driver moved off before I could talk to her and there's a guy at work who has a white manual diesel SLX - and he's very happy with it. Other than that I've seen an NRMA driving instructor's i30 around town  and a red petrol at Defence - again with a happy owner. The dealer has a few vehicles in stock - they're either petrol or auto diesel.

POMs,

I'm a POM, well 27 years ago anyway. From the Deep South - Isle of Wight.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Again B-J...

You should get two remotes automatically by the time your car comes..Since April deliveries most have been getting two. It was only us early buyers who had to jump up and down to get a 2nd freebie.

There are fliers and club cards on this site that can be printed out and given to potential club members.. we would be very appreciative if you (and others) could pass some of these around to other i30 owners you are coming across. New members are very welcome  :D

Rgds,

Dazz

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hey bikejockey, you should of got your vehcile from the north side dealer, much better service. Not to worry. You mentioned that you saw a NRMA driving school i30. They now have about a dozen sign written i30's going around. I was talking to my dealer who has provided those cars and they tell me that the NRMA driving school is rapidly expanding and that they will put on up to 50 i30's over the next couple of years. Thats a good endorsement from the good people at the NRMA :D

Offline bikejockey

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Teapot,

Yeah, I didn't shop around - the Southside dealer is just down the road so it was more convenient.

I'll pick up some of the fliers.

Interesting that the NRMA are going with the i30 - do you know if they're diesel? NRMA actually put the i30 second behind the Honda Civic in their recent review. Don't understand that myself, I felt very cramped in the Civic. Maybe fleet discounts did the trick.

One of the things that made me take a second look at the i30 was the smart use of space. I'm pretty tall (6' 2) and could set the driver's seat to be comfortable (and still have some adjustment) and then sit in the rear seat behind the driver and have plenty of leg room. From memory I couldn't do that in any other car in that class. The dealer showed me the space available with the rear seats down - very well thought out!

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi BJ,
The NRMA use both petrol and deisel, but mostly deisel.
I know a lot of government departments are also replacing their corolla fleets with i30's. :)
The new Hyundai I load crdi vans have also becoming a popular choice of fleet companys.

Offline bikejockey

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Tea Pot

Would it have been you I saw driving up Beasley St this morning at 7.00 as I was walking to the bus? Steel Grey i30.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi BJ,

No that woulldnt have been my grey i30, not driving around at 7.00 am at least.
I drive my Holden appollo to work and my wife drives the i30 but doesnt hit the road till about 8.30 of a morning.
If you see my (wifes) i30 you will probable know it is ours because our is lowered and has 18" after market alloys on it. I have posted pics of it on this site if you want to check it out.

Any further details on the eta for yours. Waiting sucks hey. :D

Offline bikejockey

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Tea Pot,

In a way it's good it wasn't you 'cos that means there's yet another i30 out there!

No news on my delivery yet...  :(

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal