i30 Owners Club

radio removal for parrot

le3I30 · 7 · 2980

Offline le3I30

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Leicester
Hi all, I have trawled this site, and Google in general for help in removing my radio on a 2011/i30 with a blank plate at the top rather than storage. I have tried levering the clips underneath the air con switches but to absolutely no avail. Any tips tricks, or otherwise would be greatly appreciated!
  • 2011 I30 comfort 1.6crdi

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Do not attack the clips at the bottom of the AC.

Unfortunately my manual only describes the dash with storage compartment, back to year 2009. Undo storage compartment and the whole crash pad lifts off. Disconnect connectors, remove screws and the audio unit can be removed. Better get some professional help, if unsure.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Someone on here with the blank plate did it many moons ago but I forget how.. Shambles might have some suggestings (like trying the HOGs club or whatever the UK hyundai club is called as Aussie always got the storage compartment)

BTW  :wlcome02:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
I don't know about models without storage tray but once tray is out there is 1 screw and the whole facia pulls out with a nice firm tug (have at that one boys) didn't even know they had blanks.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I don't know about models without storage tray but once tray is out there is 1 screw and the whole facia pulls out with a nice firm tug (have at that one boys) didn't even know they had blanks.

Yes the Euro built ones came out without the top compartment..
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline le3I30

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Leicester
Thanks everyone, I found a thread with a follow brit who also gave up on removing the trayless model... I guess it is professional help then - frustrating, as it shoudl be so simple but would seem a shame to damage the dash for the sake of a few pounds...

Has anybody fitted a CK3100 to their I30? I would be keen to hear any location tips for the screen, or any recommended brackets (the supplied one seems useless as it relies on an almost flat dash)

Thanks again guys and gals

PS - loving the I30 - we were running a 2001 1.7d Merc A Class, I am truly amazed what a step up the 1.6crdi engine in the 2011 model is in comparison (not being a car type in general) I am a Hyundai convert!
  • 2011 I30 comfort 1.6crdi

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

PS - loving the I30 - we were running a 2001 1.7d Merc A Class, I am truly amazed what a step up the 1.6crdi engine in the 2011 model is in comparison (not being a car type in general) I am a Hyundai convert!

:happydance: :happydance:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal