i30 Owners Club

A new i30cw in Switzerland

Offline swiss_i30cw

• 2nd Gear
Hello to all,

I bought recently a i30cw with a 1.6 l petrol engine. The color is vivid blue, I saw a hatch in the sale office with this color but when I got the cw I realised that this blue fits very well to this car. :eek:
I looked to this car or the sister Ceed from KIA since about one year. I find the specification of the car very close from much more expensive competitors. So far I am convinced it is a very well built car. A lot of space , good safety and low fuel consumption for its size.
I live in Switzerland and korean cars do not have a good reputation here, this was also the case for japanese cars 20 years ago and today japanese cars are amogst the most reliable. I expect that Hyundai will get a much better image once more people will realise the quality of their products.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi swiss_i30cw, welcome to the club :)

Thanks for joining and for your views of the i30cw

Good to see that the Hyundai brand is being looked on more favourably across Europe these days, after all they now deserve it :D

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline swiss_i30cw

• 2nd Gear

Good to see that the Hyundai brand is being looked on more favourably across Europe these days, after all they now deserve it :D

Well, I think that if I bought a Hyundai I did not buy the brand but mostly the quality and technology that is in the car.
I remember of one of the CEO of a big industrial group at the Geneva salon speaking about "the brands" of his company. But the company is now in deep trouble because customers realised that the quality was not there and technology was a bit dated.
"True quality matters"  :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome swiss_130cw..

You have done the right thing.. there is an amazing level of customer satisfaction being reflected through this site (and much friendly cheer as well)  :wink:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome swiss_i30cw
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Hi there

I have visited Swizterland many times for work, I love the country and hope you love your i30 as much :D :D

Brian
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline L30N

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Wallsend, North Tyneside, UK

• Wallsend, UK
Welcome swiss_130cw
I think the i30 was German designed (anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) so it compares well with the European competition. From people's posts here on the forum the car seems to cope well with most climate conditions.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome swiss_130cw
I think the i30 was German designed (anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) so it compares well with the European competition. From people's posts here on the forum the car seems to cope well with most climate conditions.

You are right L30N...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline swiss_i30cw

• 2nd Gear
It is in fact designed in Rüsselsheim at the Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Center GmbH. Rüsselsheim is close from Frankfurt and you have the facility from Opel there so it is close from a big airport and there is plenty of competent people in car technology.
Europe remains a difficult and competitive market for cars. The handling ability is a key factor to sell a car here, there is plenty of snow in winter and the roads are nether flat nor straight.

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal