i30 Owners Club

Electrical problem

Offline bensintic

• 2nd Gear

My interior lights lightly pulsates when the car is on Idol when I rev the car it goes away and when I turn off my car it goes away too and my parkers lights pulsate too but not my low beam lights or hi beam and instrument lights don't pulsates I have noticed poor performance in my car sluggish
U have to see video very carefully to see it pulsates can you tell my what can be problem
  • i30 gd2 petrol

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Alternators have the capacity to charge a battery even at idle revs, the fluctuations are simply the regulator maintaining the correct charge in the battery, perfectly normal.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline bensintic

• 2nd Gear

Alternators have the capacity to charge a battery even at idle revs, the fluctuations are simply the regulator maintaining the correct charge in the battery, perfectly normal.
when I go for a long drive the car so sluggish and I smell rotten egg smell inside the car it goes away 1or 2 later
  • i30 gd2 petrol

Offline bensintic

• 2nd Gear

It says online it could be the Voltage regulators
  • i30 gd2 petrol

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia

when I go for a long drive the car so sluggish and I smell rotten egg smell inside the car it goes away 1or 2 later

The gas smell is a by-product of burning high sulphur content fuel, change brands. Can't advise on sluggishness, is the car in good order and serviced properly :question:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

What mileage have you done? Is it an auto? Has it got worse lately or always sluggish? How long before your next service is due?

Try a tank or two of premium fuel.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bensintic

• 2nd Gear

What mileage have you done? Is it an auto? Has it got worse lately or always sluggish? How long before your next service is due?

Try a tank or two of premium fuel.  :undecided:

I use 98 only its auto it use to drive zippy 27900km
  • i30 gd2 petrol

Offline bensintic

• 2nd Gear

The gas smell is a by-product of burning high sulphur content fuel, change brands. Can't advise on sluggishness, is the car in good order and serviced properly :question:

Only use 98
  • i30 gd2 petrol

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :disapp: What does the dealer say? No fault found I guess?  :Dunno:

I would get them to test drive it back to back with an equivalent car and then deny there is a problem!  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia

Only use 98

No, you actually need to change Brands of fuel, 98 can still contain a lot of sulphur.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal