i30 Owners Club

U.S. Red Touring

Offline Touringcajun

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Louisiana

• Louisiana, U.S.A.
Hello from Louisana. Nice to find this forum, especially since this vehicle was created for your market and Europe first. I'll be doing more catchup reading then posting at first in order to get some insights into the reliability and longevity of this Hyundai product.

I picked up my '09 Touring in September of this year. With the discounts and rebates and tax incentives offered this year, it was time to put a new vehicle in the driveway. My previous vehicle was an '01 Accord, which I purchased in December of 2000. I put 207K miles on it before giving it to my older son. I told him I wanted it back with 400K :lol: . I hope the Touring is up to this also.

This is the first international forum I've joined, curious to see and hear what ya'll have to say about this vehicle. Later.

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Yep - a big hello to Touringcajun from the good old United States of England :D

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Nick Riffed

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Watford

• Oooh Errrr!!!

Yeah, Hi from all of us on airstrip one.   :lol:

Offline Touringcajun

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Louisiana

• Louisiana, U.S.A.

I thought we took care of that back in 1814 at the Chalmette battlefield :D

Today, the Chinese are our bankers.

Offline IMCRZY

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Wollongong

• Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Welcome from Australia :D Enjoy the forum

Matt

Offline Argus

• 3rd Gear

• pl Poland
      Bydgoszcz

• Bydgoszcz Poland

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
welcome aboard :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

mvasseur
Welcome, from someone on the same continent!

Pepper

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera
Hi Touringcajun and welcome to the club!  :)
  • I30 CW 2.0 CRDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Touringcajun from the same place Marcos Ambrose hails from  :D

You won't find many negatives on here..Great bunch of mainly happy owners..
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome Touringcajun from across the pond
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Welcome from snowy Scotland :D :D :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Touringcajun

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Louisiana

• Louisiana, U.S.A.
Thanks for the welcome!!! Wow, this forum is truly international judging from everyone's location. Looking forward to sharing my Hyundai experiences with ya'll.

This is my first Hyundai, in fact, I still consider myself a Honda guy. I remember when the Korean manufacturer initially entered our market, it wasn't pretty, there were lots of issues.

I've been tracking them closely for the last 6 years or so and I liked some of the models they started making and most of the reviews seemed to indicate that there manufacturing quality had indeed come a long way from their early days. Reliability and durability is also very good now, I hope I find this to be the case.

I had decided to get a hatch this time and I was shopping the Mazda3 wagon, the Pontiac Vibe and the Toyota Matrix. At the time, I didn't know that Hyundai had brought over a 4 door wagon. I stumbled across this model while browsing all the dealer lots. When I discovered the Touring, I went online and acquainted myself with what was offered in this vehicle. I liked what I saw and read. I also liked that Hyundai does discount and rebate their vehicles at the end of the model year, so I went online to find a 2009 model specifically. In our market, Hyundai decontented the 2010 and you had to add packages to get back to what they offered standard on the 2009 model year.

My buying experience was a dream. I stopped in at a dealer in Lafayette,La. while visiting my daughter for the weekend. They had 2009 & 2010 models on the lot and my wife and I took a test drive and made them an offer (I had my Edmunds info with me just in case). They finally agreed to my price and I drove out with a new 2009 Chilipepper red  ET.

I've put 6K+ miles on it to date and took it on a long (1400 mile) vacation trip to the Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee. I always make this trip when I want to have a little fun with a new vehicle. It's become something of a tradition, starting with my first new vehicle, a 1977 Honda Accord hatchback. For those unfamiliar with this area in the States, think mountain roads, enough said. The lil' red wagon aquitted itself very well in the mountains and handled the load to and from on the interstates nicely. I'm a happy man :D

Upon my return, I posted a review to my favorite Accord site (driveaccord.net/forum). Lots of nice car people over there and they appreciate sharing one's opinions. Several others have Hyundai in their stables also.

That's enough for now. Thanks again for the welcome and here's hoping that the New Year finds us all healthy and that the world finances get rolling again.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
That's fantastic feedback cajun - thanks :D

A post like that is always a great read for prospective buyers :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Cheers cajun

I am pretty sure at some point I will have a virtual visit to the Smokies for us all to enjoy :D :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Gr8 stuff.. hope we'll be cajun up with you again real soon...

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Just goes to show that what you hear or read about the HY brand I believe is a ploy by other marques to destabilise the HY car brand.

Once you have actually seen a HY car and driven it you reassess your opinion and will be more likely to buy as you realise that are indeed VFM cars.

Great review Touringcajun

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Touringcajun

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Louisiana

• Louisiana, U.S.A.
Hyundai does have some nice vehicles, in several different categories now.

I found the same with Mazda when I bought my daughter a Protege, nice handling and ride in a smaller car, with lots of room inside. Eye opening, since I had never owned a Mazda product.

This post has some pics of my Touring mid-way down and another set towards the end.  http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?s=057c3b710f1acf17e4306a7cddb74c65&t=36890

Offline Touringcajun

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Louisiana

• Louisiana, U.S.A.
Checking out everyones setup, it appears this model line offers 1.4, 1.6 & 2.0L gasoline engines and 1.6 & 2.0L diesels. I sure wish they would have brought the oil burners over to North America, it appears they get much better MPG than my gas engine. I figure I have another 4K to go before I'm completely run in, but I'm only averaging 31mpg on the interstate (70mph) and about 22 in the city lately.

The only setups offered in North America is 2.0L gasers with 5spd stick or 4spd auto. I have the auto.

My Touring(I30cw) was built in Korea, we have a Hyundai plant in Alabama but they must be building only Sonatas and SUVs there. Where are the Australia, Europe and Asia models being built?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The Australian & Asian Cars come out of Korea and the UK & other European countries get theirs from the relatively new factory in the Czech Rebublic. Many of us have been converted to Diesel cars forever after experiencing the i30 Diesel ..(not just the economy either..)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal