i30 Owners Club

135,000k service FD i30 CRDI

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
So while my car was being rammed, the i30 was getting serviced.

Service done but, requires drivers side engine mount and turbo intercooler piping (it has been dropping a little bit of oil in the garage).

Don't reckon it will be as  cheap as todays service ($100 oil and filter provided).
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
So while my car was being rammed, the i30 was getting serviced.

Service done but, requires drivers side engine mount and turbo intercooler piping (it has been dropping a little bit of oil in the garage).

Don't reckon it will be as  cheap as todays service ($100 oil and filter provided).
is the piping split? Which way will you go for the mount? Oem or after market. 
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Haven't given it much thought to be honest, the mechanic is doing the job so unless there is anything glaring after market I guess.

He did explain the problem with the piping, but in all honesty I was trying to get the car so I could get the young bloke to footy so I didn't pay that much attention.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
$125 kelpro racq discount repco this month. Oem from korea maybe $15 less delivered. Easy job Diy

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I liked the 135,000k where there was nothing that cost me money wrong with it  :'(

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I liked the 135,000k where there was nothing that cost me money wrong with it  :'(
Unless cabin vibrations are getting bad you could skip the mount but I just replaced 2 which had sagged down onto the rubber bump stop. DId put a post up on those with imagery.

Curious to know what they found on the intercooler even for my own sake, I never really check those much although I did find the i40 inlet side of the hose falling off  due to undone clamp.

Pretty impressed with all of my i30s , none have dropped any oil except one of the auto trans is weeping in the casing

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Funny, it has been squeeking a bit but when I started it today I commented to my son that it sounded rough.

I will inquire more re the intercooler when I get it done. It has been a bit of a day today, so getting told that the car was going to cost me money was probably more than I needed.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Funny, it has been squeeking a bit but when I started it today I commented to my son that it sounded rough.

I will inquire more re the intercooler when I get it done. It has been a bit of a day today, so getting told that the car was going to cost me money was probably more than I needed.
My 2008  with hail now at 240K was getting a bit rough on start up, 1 dead glow, did all four ..no change, did the fuel filter... no change..replaced the battery as it was losing capacity on crank and now seems perfect again. Can't say if any of that sorted it but it was only the first 30 secs or so until it warmed a little.

Squeaking? from where? Mice? maybe it needs to come down to Ippy Raceway and blow some soot out :goodjob2:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
From the front drivers side.....

Don't worry about the Ippy motorway, when she isn't wrecking my car my wife is driving hers like it is stolen  :evil: :whistler:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal