i30 Owners Club

Hyundai 2010 Wagon

Offline Kim French

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
Hi Kim French here , within 24 to 48 hours of purchase a myriad of issues arose . The central locking failed and noise from front door actuators , I purchased 2 new keys and eventually necessary to buy 2 new front door actuators . The steering angle sensor failed and required new replacement , within this period the car had gone from mechanic to auto electrician over some weeks . Ongoing problems existed with intermitting central lock failing in front doors , I called the guy who programmed the new keys , Blair sorted the issue in 30 seconds and twice checked the central locking before I departed . On returning home the same issue returned , only able to unlock by using the driver side key lock . The back doors remained locked also so manually had to open . Fifteen minutes later central locking worked perfectly from fob then short time later acted up .Blair was mystified , suggested relay switch fault , exasperated and $3,500 in repair and now stalled until hopefully anyone out there has a solution or identical challenge . Previous owners clearly put one over with this vehicle and yours truly , please any help would be appreciated !
  • 2010 Hyundai i30 Wagon

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Kim and Welcome.  If you bought it from a car yard I would have imagined you having some recourse that early in the piece!

That's so frustrating and spending that much on a 9 year old car without getting it fully sorted is what nightmares are made of.

I hope some of our friendly members can help, but these sort of issues are extremely hard to sort out via remote control over the Internet.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
When the central locing stops working and you open the door, can you see the car and the open door In the instrument cluster? Also does your interior light come on (In auto mode)? Remote key fob sends commands to BCM, which controls all of those things.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
We need to know more before we can  give a accurate advice. Any chance of interference explaining the intermittency?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal