i30 Owners Club

"Always on" indicator lights?

Glacius · 13 · 7744

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Question

Anyoneknow if its possible to do this with the headlights .

see how the " signal" lights are always on , " is this possible to do, on the I30 and if  , how do I do it ? its something I have wanted to do for a while .

thanks in advance  Glac

Pip
No I don't see which lights are on... can you explain further?

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I think Glac means the American way of keeping an orange glow up front.

Bad idea imho
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
I like it, i see it more and more now ,and the new bmw has gotten it as well (^L^)  i think it would look nice on the hyundai (^L^)

like seen here "
So no one knows how =( 

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
I have an orange sidelight bulb in, gives an evil type look apparently according to a friend or too.

It would be a relay of some sort, because the indicator would still need to blink.

I think its a different law in some countries, and the side repeaters being on is a day time running light or side marker I think...
I tried hooking up my indicator(or sidelight, cant remember now) and fog light, so when i indicated(turned side lights on) the fog woud flash, but when turning the fog light on... well it didnt work.
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
HI syecadelic 

I saw your car thread love you car its great, I wish i had black insides in my headlights, but i think it would tone down the lighting extremly .
I did think about that bulb there but i want the top left corner one " signal light " to be on always but not as bright as when it blinks just lke 25 % of that ,I know it can be done with relays or something I just hoped someone had done it here

Its fine I will try and look around the web for answers, I might photoshop it first to see if it will look ok =)

cheers for input

glac

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

HI syecadelic 

I saw your car thread love you car its great, I wish i had black insides in my headlights, but i think it would tone down the lighting extremly .

Cheers :D

Yeah think the light isn't as bright, but with H.I.D's hardly noticeable.

The only other option I can think of is something in the same place as the indicator, maybe fitting a 2nd bulb in? with a resistor to limit the power to bulb, making it dimmer.

but im not an auto-spark, unfortunately :(

Offline icey_niels

• 2nd Gear

• be Belgium
      Kwaadmechelen
i got this mod on my car

it's called an US-Module i got them at my local store (for car supplies) but i don' know if you can bey them in your country

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

i got this mod on my car

it's called an US-Module i got them at my local store (for car supplies) but i don' know if you can bey them in your country

Sounds interesting.. going to have a look into this

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
i got this mod on my car

Sounds interesting.. going to have a look into this

That is your Homework set Sye (please share what you find out)  :winker:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
It would be illegal in this state (W.A.) I would think as the VSRs are quite specific about globe colours.
White lights (primarily) for forward-facing lights other than indicators being used as such.
I'm only thinking aloud here and would have to check to be sure but I'd be surprised if you could have orange/amber lights on all the time.
It's even illegal here to leave your fog lights on if there's no fog although DRLs are allowed of course.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline icey_niels

• 2nd Gear

• be Belgium
      Kwaadmechelen
In my country it's also illegal but if they don't catch you don't get a ticket  :P
volvo has these module standard on their cars but they aren't the indicators these are seperate bulbs.

the indicators go on when you turn on your lights, but i put a switch between it so i can put in on when i want.
you also have to remember that you have to split the wire from your headlight to connect the device and that all the wires are kept together so you need to measure the right one.

grtzz

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal