i30 Owners Club

First impressions of the new car (275km)

Offline Sparkyinaus

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
So went for a little drive yesterday, in the i30, I've yet to drive the i20 yet!
Put the address in the sat nav & it calculated the route as quick as the Tom Tom does, 5 minutes into he journey it re-routes due to "traffic jam ahead", this was accompanied by the wife's eyes rolling to the top of her head & "oh-no"!
Followed the instructions & we got to our destination spot on time, although the sat nav had plus 4 minutes on the display due to road works, I thought that was pretty good.

Comfort;
After a few plays with the seat & wheel I was set, I think I could have carried on driving till we needed fuel to be honest! We hired a new 320d BMW back in the UK in October last year, same colour, leather, proximity key but no iPhone integration, no panoramic sunroof, no sat nav, no rear airconditioning vents & I couldn't get really comfortable in it even after 3 weeks. I used to have a 325i touring too. Yes the BMW had more power & was quieter, but I think a lot of people out there would get quite a shock if they would stop being badge snobs! Wife & other rear seat passenger commented how comfy the rear seat was too.

Driving;
It goes well, for a brand new engine with less than 350km's on, that should only get better with more kilometres.

Everything else;
Love the folding mirrors & puddle lights, just like a BMW! Media streaming is good, the blue tooth is excellent, in the connection & in the call quality too.

Well keep you informed when I get some miles under her belt.
  • I30 premium I20 Elite

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

ouri30
Sparkyinaus,

Thanks for your write up.  We too are impressed.  Ours is a very nice car to drive as well.  We just clocked up 1200km today and we booked in for the first service.  Unlike you we have not had the dramas with delivery.  I bet it's nice to finally have your new car and to enjoy it.

Our daughter drives an i20 we bought for her at the end of 2011.  She loves it (an auto 1.4 4 door) and when I drive it around town, I love the nimbleness and zippy acceleration.

Look forward to hearing more ...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks "sparky" just what I was hoping to hear :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Sparkyinaus

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Just a quick update, nearly through the first tank of diesel. I've got 630 on the odo & 175 left to empty, consumption is at 7.6l/100km on the car. That's been mostly highway /country today, @ 225kms with airconditioning & sunroof open.
PS. Heated seats doing the lower back no harm at all :P
  • I30 premium I20 Elite

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Just a quick update, nearly through the first tank of diesel. I've got 630 on the odo & 175 left to empty, consumption is at 7.6l/100km on the car. That's been mostly highway /country today, @ 225kms with airconditioning & sunroof open.
PS. Heated seats doing the lower back no harm at all :P

:mrgreen:

Offline Sparkyinaus

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
"Just nipping out" that was at 11am, had a few errands to run, called in at a couple of the local dealers to get prices for a tow bar, god the dealers in Perth have no idea when it comes to customer service!
Ended up at midland city Hyundai where I naught 2 dash mats & will be ordering the tow bar from, there parts guy was the only one of four I spoke to that had any idea about the product he was selling, oh & he gave me discount too :goodjob:
Left midland & went home the long way, that little diesel's not bad is it?
Away landed home at 4:30 to the usual "thought you only had a few bits to get, you've been gone hours"
Blame your new car love :whistler:
  • I30 premium I20 Elite

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Same thing happens to me too.  :D  I have a driving story to tell, but just logging the info, will report soon.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:goodjob2::goodjob: :mrgreen: (I do the same thing)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal