i30 Owners Club

Service plan

Bugsy · 11 · 3901

Offline Bugsy

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England, Essex, Thurrock
Am I missing something with the service plan?

When I went to buy my new i30 the salesman wanted me to add the service plan to the cost of the car. I declined this and told him that when I pick the car up I will pay separately for the plan. When I eventually collected the car he never mentioned the service plan just told me that the cars first service is after 2 years with a free health check after 6 months.

Now surely this would cause a problem with Hyundai's warranty? I have no confidence in this dealer after problems with the way they handled my complaint about the front parking sensors for my car. I suspect something fishy but can't think what they will gain from this.

Anyone out there just brought a new petrol i30. I would be interested as to what service intervals you were told by your dealer.

Would really like nothing more to do with this dealer but have discovered the 4 nearest dealers to me all belong to the same group.......and none of them are that close.

Thanks for any help.
  • Petrol 1.4 i30 Style

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I'm sure the service book says it is a 2 year service interval or 20,000 miles whichever is sooner with a health check at 12 months.

However, if you do  LESS THAN 10,000 miles at 12 months then it has an oil and filter change and the health check.

Mine had oil and filter change at 12 months as i did less than10,000 miles.

A friend who now has a 14 month old i30 took his car in at 12 months and it was not serviced, just health check.
He pointed out the mileage and they did the oil and filter change.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: Bugsy
... he never mentioned the service plan just told me that the cars first service is after 2 years ...

Well that's incorrect to start with.

The service interval has the component of mileage as well as time - distance covered is a factor in the schedule.

What does your service booklet say about this?

My guess is that your service interval is 20,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes sooner.

EDIT: ninja'd by eye30
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Bugsy

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England, Essex, Thurrock
Oh dear that will teach me to read all the paper work, eye30 is right service book says 2 year or 20,000 miles.

Thanks
  • Petrol 1.4 i30 Style

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Oh dear that will teach me to read all the paper work, eye30 is right service book says 2 year or 20,000 miles.

Thanks

Don't forget if you do less than 10k it should have oil and filter change.

What wad your mileage?

I can't fathom that one out.

Surely if you do more than 10k then oil should be changed due to loss in its protection ingredients
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
It's an arbitrary parameter.

They assume a car with low mileage has done only short runs and has not generally run hot enough, long enough and often enough to evaporate all the water and acids from the engine oil.  This is particularly relevant to petrol engines.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
boy you blokes over there have huge service intervals,mind you your talking petrols,I'll have to look in the manual for petrols over here,but the diesels here are every 15000K(which is less than 10 thousand miles)with optional every 7500k which I do filter and oil myself
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
 :-[ I actually get some sort of perverse pleasure from changing my own oil and filter, it gets done twice a year regardless of mileage. I know I don't have to, I know I don't need to, but I want to!
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
 :wtf: :needspecscleaning:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo

Offline i30sean

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Hemel Hempstead UK
I just checked my service books my 2010 says 12,500mls or yearly and my 2011 says 20,000mls or yearly  :)

i30Sean

PS My bike is every 6K :-)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal