i30 Owners Club

Alternator (accessory) belt

Offline adyadad

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Bundoora, Vic
Well we picked up the 08 diesel i30 yesterday and I've been going over it today.   Found out the alternator or accessory belt needs replacing but otherwise in top condition including almost new brakes all round.   
The only place I could go was Repco and they said there was 2 different sizes but didn't have either of them.   According to them, there is about 15 mm difference in length.
I checked the Sydney Filters site and it seems that they're all the same from 2007 to 2012.   What's the go?   I'm not sure what to get now.
If anyone is able to help me out with preferably the Dayco number I'd appreciate it.   
The manufacture date is Feb 2008.   It is the earlier engine with the longer oil filter if that helps.
Thanks in advance

Andrew
  • I30 CRDi

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Haven't done one yet....might shout mine one at 105k.

Perhaps the two sizes are diesel and petrol?

From my previous experience with other brands it is the little tension pullys that go and take the belt out with them....so it might pay to replace them too.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline adyadad

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Bundoora, Vic
I did take it off and check the pulleys.   They look good but there's a small hole in the belt as well as some wear on the smooth side.   The side with the ribs actually looks ok but I will replace it.
I did specify it was for the diesel and he said there were 2 different ones but on the Sydney filters site, it's the same from 07 to 2012.   That's where the confusion begins.   I'd like to get a definitive answer as to whether there actually is 1 or 2 different belts.
I'm new to Hyundais and haven't got to know them as well as I would like yet.

cheers
  • I30 CRDi

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Reckon there is only one Part number 252122A310

HYUNDAI i30/ACCENT DIESEL ALTERNATOR BELT (252122A310) - Sydney Filters

If your worried ring a hyundai parts department and ask if that part number is the only belt for the diesel. If you want a laugh ask for a price....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline adyadad

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Bundoora, Vic
Thanks Beerman.

I reckon you might be right.   I don't really trust Repco.   They've been wrong before.   I usually get most of my parts at Bursons but they were closed yesterday afternoon.
I'll be ordering one tomorrow and will let you know the result.

Andrew :)
  • I30 CRDi

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I have been told all the diesel belts are the same length,but since inquiring,I have misplaced all the info,but I was told by many mechanics,Hyundai and private alike,ALWAYS replace the tensioner and two other guide pulleys at the same time, I was quoted $77 just for the belt when I got prices,but that's where I left it,I never looked into pulley prices.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline adyadad

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Bundoora, Vic
Got it today.   There are 2 different ones for the earlier and later.   I got the Dayco DPK1800 which is the earlier one which fitted perfectly.    This is for prior to April 2008.   The later one is an 1815.
  • I30 CRDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :ta:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal