i30 Owners Club

Cruise control and gear shifting indicator problems

Offline Zorkwan

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
Hello,
Recently the cruise control wont start. pressing the set button wont enable it.  I have checked both switches from the brake pedal and the clutch and they work.
the thing is that both the shift indicator and the cruise control stopped working at the same time. I did check with OBD scanner if there is any codes but nothing. Car is clear from problems and is working perfectly (engine) but its irritates me when something is not working right.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks!
  • I30 2014, 5DR, 5 Door, Wagon, Diesel 1.6, Manual, Blue

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Try changing the steering wheel height, see if that makes a difference.

Very recently I had similar issues and changed the height of the steering wheel, suspecting that there was a connectivity issue within or around the clockspring lugs. Not ideal, but for me it sorted the issue. How long it'll last is anyone's guess.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Zorkwan

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
Try changing the steering wheel height, see if that makes a difference.

Very recently I had similar issues and changed the height of the steering wheel, suspecting that there was a connectivity issue within or around the clockspring lugs. Not ideal, but for me it sorted the issue. How long it'll last is anyone's guess.

Nope. That didn't work. The buttons work normal when I apply the speed limiter. That uses the set button To reduce the speed. So it's not the clock spring.

There must be something else that won't enable it

Offline gagsi011

• 1st Gear

• cs Serbia
There are two clutch sensors. Did you check both?

Послато са SM-G975F помоћу Тапатока

• Hyundai i30 gd crdi

Offline Zorkwan

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
Sooooo....  After alot of research on the car I concluded that theres is 2 presure switches on the transmission box. One is for the reverse and you can find it on the bottom of the car, and another switch is at the bottom of the battery. You need to remove the air filter, the battery and the base of the battery to get access to the switch. That switch is for the car to know if its in neutral.
Found out that its faulty and every time I switch fast like 5-6 times from 6th to 5th gear its working for like 5-10 sec.. its like im pumping the oil inside the transmision. (oil inside the transmition is in the right level.)

I will confirm that the switch is the problem as soon i receive it.

Offline Zorkwan

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
e are two clutch sen

All switches in the pedals are fine. not the problem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal