i30 Owners Club

Car registration stickers to be scrapped in Victoria

Guest · 37 · 13985

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
The RAA in SA can provide a rego sticker for your window. My phone calendar will monitor the situation for me.
I'm with Rusty lets save more money and do away with number plates as well,we can simply use VIN numbers
I'm pretty sure I've seen cars in some states of the US with at least one plate removed - I guess they can make it work.

Found this. I've seen a few US states where there is only one plate. This report is a little out of date but relevant
New Mexico is one of the few that has only one plate in the back. However, there is current legislation to change this to two plates in the next two years. (by 2009)

These states only require one rear plate.

Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia.

Also, in Canada, they just provide a little sticker (like those LPG stickers we have) to fit onto your number plate wen you renew your registration. There are (at least in Ontario), things like bank ATM's in shopping centres where you pay your rego and they dispense the sticker (s).
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
There are (at least in Ontario), things like bank ATM's in shopping centres where you pay your rego and they dispense the sticker (s).
Now that's pretty cool!  :goodjob:

Also, anyone can do what the RAA is doing. You can make up any kind of rego reminder and put it wherever you like, within reason. :D
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
The RAA in SA can provide a rego sticker for your window. My phone calendar will monitor the situation for me.
I'm with Rusty lets save more money and do away with number plates as well,we can simply use VIN numbers
I'm pretty sure I've seen cars in some states of the US with at least one plate removed - I guess they can make it work.

Found this. I've seen a few US states where there is only one plate. This report is a little out of date but relevant
New Mexico is one of the few that has only one plate in the back. However, there is current legislation to change this to two plates in the next two years. (by 2009)

Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia.

Also, in Canada, they just provide a little sticker (like those LPG stickers we have) to fit onto your number plate wen you renew your registration. There are (at least in Ontario), things like bank ATM's in shopping centres where you pay your rego and they dispense the sticker (s).

So what happens if you visit other states  :question:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

So what happens if you visit other states  :question:
Your car is legal based on the state of registration - much like when all you "No rego sticker" dorks drive into Queensland. :P
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
 :rofl: :mrgreen:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Yes, I've often thought that that was quite a good idea, having the sticker attached to the registration plate a la America.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I like mine on the window, so I can look across and see the big number showing the month of expiry. Talk about OCD, my vehicles were synchronised to all renew on 2/1/xx, so I could have the new colour stickers first.  :Shocked:

Not so any more, I'm in control.  :D

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal