i30 Owners Club

i30 PD "Convenience opening/closing function with remote - all windows"?

Mark70 · 63 · 25271

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Though can't see me plugging my mobile in the boot to recharge.

That can be quite handy when you go for a walk for example. The one in my FD (1st gen i30) was powered even when the engine was off and the car locked, so could easily charge a phone or a tablet while taking a walk in the park, out of sight too. I made sure though to turn the sound off so it wouldn't give itself away should a potential thief be near by.

Also handy if you've got one of those mini 12 volt cooler/warmer things for a picnic or camping.
This sort of thing..

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=362478626253&category=181382&pm=1&ds=0&t=1547701582000&ver=0
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline jeffers1984

• 2nd Gear

• Sydney
Went into Phil Gilbert Service centre in Croydon today, Had my pdf and video and this thread ready to show, talked to the service agent guy that met me there and Told about what needed to be done, didn't dispute it. Took about 2 hours (i think it was due to how busy it was) but got the car back and now i have that feature on my SR premium! Good to have this now even if Summer is coming to an end. All in all a very stress free experience.
  • 2017 i30 SR Premium (Sparkling Metal)

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Went into Phil Gilbert Service centre in Croydon today
How do you find that dealer?  I nearly pull the trigger on the new car there yet at the end went with Peninsula Bankstown.  I found one of the sale staff there at Phil Gilbert just really good.  Next car I will definitely go to him.
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal