i30 Owners Club

Monthly stats for my new PD SR (This can't be right!)

Dazzler · 10 · 3201

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
So this is part of my monthly report from Hyundai (via Autolink) on my new PD i30.

My Trip PC is reporting 7.5 L/100 kms again after about 1600 kms since I reset it after swapping to a K&N air filter. This is the same figure it was showing for the first 4000 odd kilometres.

Without doing a brim to brim check it seems close to the mark based on what I'm getting to a tank 650+ and what I'm spending on fuel (noticeably less than what I spent weekly on my previous car) which averaged around 9 L/100kms

If this was reported as Kilometres per litre it would be closer to the mark! That converts to 7.88 L/100kms..

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline MIY

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Pitesti
How's your experience with the K&N filter? Any sound, consumption improvement or anything different?
As I'll have 6000 km this month, I want to get one.
  • 2017 i30 1.4 T-GDI

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

How's your experience with the K&N filter? Any sound, consumption improvement or anything different?

To be honest I can't notice any obvious difference. It seems to sound slightly more throaty on full throttle (but hard to be sure without a direct comparison) The first time I used full throttle after the change over I had a mate in the car and we both looked at each other with a grin, so maybe not my imagination.

I cleared the Trip PC when I switched at around the 4500 km mark and initially the economy settled at 7.7 L/100 kms  which may be related to more short trips or driving a bit harder. After a longer (600km+) trip it has now settled at 7.5 L/100 kms and has dropped as low as 7.4 for short periods. So again not much in it (Was showing 7.5 L/100kms overall average for the first 4,500 kms with the original filter. )

Offline MIY

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Pitesti
Thanks for your feedback! Really appreciate it.
I guess I'll buy it after all.
  • 2017 i30 1.4 T-GDI

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

I have been using k and n filters for about thirty years , have never noticed an economy gain, I use them as can wash and reuse. thats where the economy gain is saving on buying new filters.
if you put too much oil into them you get a loss of performance. I picked that up dyno tuning. I had put too much oil in the filter. was on a dyno checking power and torque, the operator of the dyno noticed the k and n filter looked a bit oily and dirty so we cleaned and dried it and I picked up a few horsepower and a few foot pound of torque. so don't over oil them.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yeah, I've notice that before. if you over oil things you lose a bit of response... :winker:

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
eventually connected my i30 PD SR Autolink with Iphony 8. it took quite a few attempts to get it to connect & set up properly.  :eek:

I was hoping for any OBD error codes to be displayed on my phone but it doesn't seem to have that capability but does apparently send data to your nominated favorite dealer. So apart from a heavy right foot, not that exciting.  :whistler:

As Im still experiencing a kamikaze smart cruise control operation with resultant change of undies as it tests my late braking abilities, i was hoping these errors would be recorded & sent back to the the dealer  :mad:

Is anybody using a good Iphone App for reading i30 PD OBD/autolink codes?

PS on a positive note I changed my missus Getz fuel pump / filter on the weekend, only YouTube help video i found was in Russian, but hey it worked & Getzy started first time.  :happydance:   
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Scott, I’ve got a Bosch OBD reader here if you want to see if a fault code has been thrown up.

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Cool Craig. I can pop around after work Wednesday if you are around?  :whistler:
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Cool Craig. I can pop around after work Wednesday if you are around?  :whistler:
Yeah I'll be here Wednesday waiting on some deliveries  :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal