i30 Owners Club

Strange Central Locking Fault

Offline Mrapatel

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Herts
Hi All!

Admin - Thanks for adding me to the group.

I’ve got a 2013 Hyundai i30 which has a strange central locking fault.

Rear driver-side/off side door does not open from the inside or the outside. On rare occasions it does if you lock and unlock using the remote key a good few times. I can hear/feel the solenoid going off so I thought I’d take the door card off and lube the solenoid. Didn’t make any difference.

When it does eventually open, it works as normal throughout the day. However, the next day or so, that door stays locked and can’t open it from the inside or the outside.

Then I noticed a pattern...

When I unlock the car, all doors and the boot SHOULD open. After pressing the unlock button on the key, if the boot opens, then the rear driver’s side door will open as normal. If the boot doesn’t open then the rear driver’s side door won’t open either. If I press the boot unlock button on the key, the hazard lights will flash and the boot will open but the rear driver’s side door won’t. When it’s all working fine, I normally don’t need to use the the boot unlock button to open the boot.

Has anyone got any ideas/solutions, it’s driving me  :crazy1:
  • I30

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
I understood the boot unlock button was just for unlocking the boot/hatch and should not unlock the car doors.
But the car unlock button should unlock everything, doors and boot/hatch.

Have you measured car battery voltage. Cold weather and short trips due to covid can drain the battery.
Only other thing I can think of is poor connection or earth somewhere. Others on the forum may have a better idea of where to check those things on your car.

Also I assume battery in your key is a good. Have you tried the other key?

Just done a search on here and found this: :link: i30 GD Central Locking issue

I have not read though it all myself, but maybe worth you having a read.

You may want to skip to here: :link: i30 GD Central Locking issue
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 15:58:40 by Greyhound »
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal