i30 Owners Club

i30 n 1.6t 2021 PD RADAR COLLISION SENSOR FAULT

mango · 1 · 1459

Offline mango

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Hi all,went to service department to do a couple of recalls and asked them to check out a fault that come up about collision warning sensor not working.the service desk said it was 300 dollars to take front bar off and check it ,if it was caused by me than i will have to pay or if its a fault by Hyundai they would cover the cost for repair.my daughter brought the car in and organised it all.i was notified by her when they said it was her fault and radar is damaged.im an engineer,so i went down there with her,i knew the car was never damaged,never tapped or bumped the car is immaculate.40000kms done.when i went to the manager to ask him and make him explain how a radar is damged with no visible marks on the bumper area,he got flustered when he couldnt show me where the damage on the bar was and said it could of been from a shopping trolley.wow.i couldnt beleive what i was hearing.they said they had photo proof of the radar being damage.but wouldnt show me the photo because things got a little heated ,the manager offerd me out and said he wasnt going to show me the photo.long story short i paid the 300 dollar bill for the bar removal and install.got out of there and went home ,done some research.i pulled the bar off myself inspected radar and there was a light scratch on the radar,nothing that could affect it,wasnt damaged,cracked,moved or anything like that ,just a light scratch about 2 cm long maybe during install or something.took pics and i was happy that the radar was ok so i put bar back on. the next thing i done was went to camera on windscreen,they talk to each other for system to operate.i was looking at the camera and noticed the windscreen was a little hazey dirty where the camera was.i pulled the cover took camera off and gave the inside of the windsceen a clean and put it back together,went for a drive and guess what.all good.all errors gone and system good again.they wanted over 3000 dollars for a radar replacement.
  • i30 n

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal