i30 Owners Club

My car is immobilised

Offline NoIdeaAboutCars

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      VIC
Hi from Australia
I changed the fob on my key for my 130 SLW 2.0L Wagon Petrol (Auto) and now the car won't start.  The fob works to lock and unlock the car (Hooray  :eek:)
I spoke to the dealer and they said the "non-genuine" casing that I used will have deactivated the transponder - I have to get the car towed there for them to fix it.
I called RACV (Roadside assist) and they tested the battery, which was fine, and said the engine is immobolised. The car turns over but does not start.
I contacted an auto locksmith and ran some tests - sent the video - and he said he had a similar experience with another client whose car was showing good battery. They replaced the battery anyway and then the car started.

So what is a guy called "NoIdeaAboutCars" supposed to do? Is it the transponder, the battery or maybe the Russians have hacked my car??
Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • 2009 FD 5 Door Wagon SLX, Petrol 2.0lt, Auto, White

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi

Hopefully you also transplanted the immobiliser sensor from within the original keyfob? It's a small chip encased in resin in a corner of the casement.

This, recently from a FaceBook post

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline NoIdeaAboutCars

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      VIC
I most certainly did! I followed the instructions to a tee
  • 2009 FD 5 Door Wagon SLX, Petrol 2.0lt, Auto, White

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
If you're still struggling with this, try getting the chip out and getting it as close to the lock barrel as you can while trying the key. It could be a matter of sensitivity.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal