i30 Owners Club

Rear Bumper Protector on a White i30?

trevor · 8 · 2712

Offline trevor

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Hi all! Newbie here :P

Was wondering if anyone had any photos of their i30 Hatchback (possibly white?) with the Rear Bumper Protector installed? I'm seriously considering getting it for my white hatchback, but I'm not sure how the contrast between the white and black would look... I couldn't find many good images online (and I've quite thoroughly searched through the gallery here) and at the moment the photos from eBay are not very appealing, but would be great if any one has any experience or input!

Thanks in advance  :D :D :D

Trevor
  • i30 2016 Active X GD4 Series 2 Update 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8L, Manual, White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi again Trevor. I personally think the black would look O/k on a white hatch, but the other alternative is a clear film option available from Auto accessory shops like Autobarn and Supercheap. 

Cut to size and apply yourself (I think it works out cheaper too.. I Bought one for the Wife's previous wagon but i think it's still in my cupboard.  :-[

Some on ebay...

:link: Auto Car Paint Protector Protective Film Bumper Protection Transparent Clear | eBay

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline corza_21

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Australia
Looks pretty good I think!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2012 GD Premium CRDI, Auto, White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welly3: Nothing wrong with that! Thanks for the picture.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Beware the clear film. It is hell on wheels to apply without bubbles, dust particles and finger marks in the adhesive.

When I bought my last new Venga the dealer made 3 attempts at doing it and failed. I ended up buying a polished stainless steel one from Germany.

I am currently trying to find one for my Niro - without success.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I have no experience with Vinyl wrap - I haven't a clue whether it has an adhesive back or how it is applied.

I s'pose it is something for me to check out - if I can identify a local who does wrapping.

On my Niro there is a patch of clear film low down on front of the rear wheel arch. The passenger side one has been damaged. It looks as though one of us has driven too close to a bush and the branches hav riped into it - without any evidence of damage to the paintwork. I don't know how these clear patches were applied or whether they are vinyl wrap - for sure, whatever they are - the material would not be robust enough to be an effective bumper protector.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline corza_21

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Australia
Or something like this?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2012 GD Premium CRDI, Auto, White

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal