i30 Owners Club

i20 fuel economy

Offline digital_peer

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Barossa Valley

• in it for love
G'day! fresh with 180 k's on the clock i decided to do some visiting around adelaide and see how my fuel economy goes.

I filled it up with BP 91 and off i went, from barossa valley all the into the city then up the freeway to murray bridge then back to the city, out to the hills, and so on.

Eventually clocked up over 500 k's and was on the way back to the barossa and the gauge was saying nearly empty. So i decided to tank and not risk running out before i got back to the barossa. I tanked at 535k's and it took 35 litres. the tank in the i20 is a 45 litre (i had enough to get back to the barossa and all the way back to the city). so im guesstimating i had a fuel consumption of around 7 / 100k's or there abouts.

The interesting part is i was not perticularly nice to it. i delibrately drove like i usually do (like a knob) so i could get a good example of what i can expect. There was a lot of hill work especially on the freeway, which is really steep.

So over all im extremely happy.

During the drive at one point i had 4 guys and a hatch full of engine parts on the freeway and was still overtaking without too much problems.

A+ on the lil 1.4! (stalls way to easy tho lol)

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Happy to hear that you are happy with the i20.

Along with my i30 I also have a 1.6 litre Getz....the i20's predecessor.... I have only had the Getz for a few months and have read that the Getz is not particularly fuel efficient. I have put the i30 into temporary mothballs and almost exclusively use the Getz.

I have done 6,000km in the Getz so far. It is getting between 5.7 and 5.9l/100km. That is upwards of 750km from the 45 litre tank. A truly unexpected and pleasant surprise....

Compared to my i30 diesel, the Getz is far too easy to stall too.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 03:44:01 by Paolo5 »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
The Hyundai Petrol engines seem to like a few revs at takeoff.. Our 1.6 getz was great on fuel (better than the Daughter's 1.4)

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
The 1.4 ix20 is now giving me about 6.4l / 100km, so you should find that yours will get a bit better.  Indeed I have noticed in the last 1000 miles that the engine has freed up a lot and she is much more eager to get going also.

Neither my wife or I have managed to stall the ix20, managed to stall the i30 a fair few times at the beginning and she always need a little revving, the ix20 doesn't need any coaxing :goodjob:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal