i30 Owners Club

Ride to Kinglake

Eureka · 14 · 3472

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
This morning I rode to Kinglake and back via Whittlesea, taking about 2 hours.  It was perfect weather, with virtually no wind.  There was some nice cloud cover as I started but that cleared very soon.  There was almost no traffic on the way up, but that road has some very tight corners and I need to be pretty careful.  I stopped at Kinglake to get rid of some cramps and some numbness in my hand.  I was right next to a gum tree and there was a couple of pardalotes very close to me on the tree.  There was a bit of traffic coming back.  The only thing that could have made it better would be if there was one of those christmas bunnies waiting for me at Kinglake.  I can dream.

Bike is a 97 Ducati 750 Supersport, two valves per cylinder, air cooled.  It's the last of the series that they built right through the nineties, before they totally changed the shape of the Supersport.  I only had it fixed up and got it re-registered a few months ago.
  • SX crdi manual 2007

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
You're making me very jealous, Eureka.... :Pout:

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
You wouldn't have been jealous if you had been stuck behind me.
  • SX crdi manual 2007

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'm not a biker eureka but sound like you had fun :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
You wouldn't have been jealous if you had been stuck behind me.

Probably would've been quite happy, Eureka....My days of fanging it are long gone...  :lol:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Rusty hence my reason for not riding much these days,I forget my capabiliteis of my teens and twenties are not what they are now.but I tend to forget and scare the crap outta myself.

Eureka as long as you enjoyed yourself and got in your own zone,no one else really mattered  :goodjob2:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline ewokracing

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Carrum, Melbourne
more importantly... did you get your knee down?
  • 2007 i30 SR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

more importantly... did you get your knee down?

.. or your leg over?  :snigger:

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I got my leg over my bike and I would have to be falling off to get my knee down.
  • SX crdi manual 2007

Offline ewokracing

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Carrum, Melbourne
I sometimes go to put the knee down... then realise I'm only wearing jeans. Ooops!

I get hand cramp too - grips are worn out.
  • 2007 i30 SR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I sometimes go to put the knee down... then realise I'm only wearing jeans. Ooops!

That's when you "kneed" a new pair of jeans  :snigger:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
This morning I rode to Kinglake and back via Whittlesea, taking about 2 hours.  It was perfect weather, with virtually no wind.  There was some nice cloud cover as I started but that cleared very soon.  There was almost no traffic on the way up, but that road has some very tight corners and I need to be pretty careful.  I stopped at Kinglake to get rid of some cramps and some numbness in my hand.  I was right next to a gum tree and there was a couple of pardalotes very close to me on the tree.  There was a bit of traffic coming back.  The only thing that could have made it better would be if there was one of those christmas bunnies waiting for me at Kinglake.  I can dream.

Bike is a 97 Ducati 750 Supersport, two valves per cylinder, air cooled.  It's the last of the series that they built right through the nineties, before they totally changed the shape of the Supersport.  I only had it fixed up and got it re-registered a few months ago.

Thats a nice ride! i've stayed in that area & been to Maryville some good riding roads for sure, & that's a nice model Ducati !

Offline ewokracing

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Carrum, Melbourne

That's when you "kneed" a new pair of jeans  :snigger:

Santa just brought me two pairs of Hornee Jeans. I'm going to try these out over Summer with some Knox armour.

So I'll have Knox "Kneed" Hornee jeans....  :lol:
  • 2007 i30 SR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

So I'll have Knox "Kneed" Hornee jeans....  :lol:
Administrator Comment With lines like that you are going to fit in around here just fine!  :goodjob:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal