i30 Owners Club

Alvin's Actions

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Well I did something rather unwittingly(and I must say rather Stupid ) been doing a few long days the past months or so,which has had some bearing on m trips home,unthinking and In my own little world on the way home,I found out some of Alvin's worth,now this is the stupid part,as I was driving home thinking of other things and enjoying the tunes,for some reason I hadn't set the CC,which I normally set at 100-105 kph,anyhoo happily driving along,the radio kept getting louder(as Alvin has Auto volume control to cabin noise)I did notice the cabin noise getting a bit louder,so I broke my concentration of not concentrating and took a look at the speed on the GPS and I have to say Alvin was still pulling strongly,I thought I may have been doing a buck twenty a buck thirty,but I had to look twice,Alvin was over the two dollar mark and still pulling away strongly.

Lesson learnt-always use the CC
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
In the UK bucks are male deer and dollars are wot the Yanks use. Hence I haven't a clue what you mean.

I'm guessing 2 dollars is 200 clicks or 200 kph.

If so stop worrying - that's a mere 124 miles per hour - which is presumably a buck twenty and a half.

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You wouldn't want that roo to jump out when you're doing that sort of speed Rick :crazy2:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
You wouldn't want that roo to jump out when you're doing that sort of speed Rick :crazy2:

That's exactly what I immediately thought of,I can tell you the brakes work as well as he gets up speed
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

That's exactly what I immediately thought of,I can tell you the brakes work as well as he gets up speed
There not bad the Cruze, I've driven my folks one a couple of times and it gets up and boogies if you want it to, I've accidently spun the wheels a couple of times taking off at the lights as well...touchy accelerator :snigger:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Jeepers, you are naughty Rick! Wouldn't want a cop to jump out at that speed! ( no license for a long time!)  :Shocked: :sweating:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Jeepers, you are naughty Rick! Wouldn't want a cop to jump out at that speed!
The cop would explode on impact with less damage than the roo :whistler:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Jeepers, you are naughty Rick! Wouldn't want a cop to jump out at that speed!
The cop would explode on impact with less damage than the roo :whistler:

I'm sure the collateral damage would be more though..

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
 :lol:
It'd cost more than two bucks to get your car back.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
:lol:
It'd cost more than two bucks to get your car back.

Yes I know :workitout: and I normally such a quite well behaved law abiding citizen  :Dunno:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
this morning I found out that Alvin's low fuel warning light works,came on a 4.30am five kilometres from york,as nothing was open that time in the morning and the computer was telling me I still had 80 Klms to go till empty,I decided to keep going and get to the Lakes 45 K's away,just under 15K's out of York and still 30 K's from the lakes,a warning sign came up,FILL TANK NOW,now I was starting to worry  :crazy1:

just under 5 K's from the lakes,every corner I went round and ever hill I went up,I could feel the engine cough and fart,Me thought here we go five in the morning stuck on the side of the road out of diesel,but thankfully I managed to get to the servo,did a thousand and ten K's and had to put 59.5 litres in the tank,now if Holden's stats are accurate,I only had .5 of a litre left in the tank

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Talk about pushin the limits Rick :sweating: it might pay to keep one of those plastic 5ltr jerries in the back for these emergencies.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hmm don't you have 24 hours service at the pumps.. :question:

We have seen this as well when we go to Germany, the pumps are closed outside opening hours for the store. Here in DK we always have the option to pay with credit card by the pumps outside opening hours.

Maybe we're just spoiled here.. :P
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hmm don't you have 24 hours service at the pumps.. :question:

We have seen this as well when we go to Germany, the pumps are closed outside opening hours for the store. Here in DK we always have the option to pay with credit card by the pumps outside opening hours.

Maybe we're just spoiled here.. :P
@Asterix, we have the 24 hour servos throughout the suburbs/cities but generally not so in the country towns, unless you happen by one of the larger truckie rest stops after hours then pretty much everything else is closed.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Would have been concerning about running out of fuel but at least you know the limit you can now travel . That is bloody good ltrs per 100km. Must admit the diesels beat the petrol engines for fuel economy by quite a lot.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Talk about pushin the limits Rick :sweating: it might pay to keep one of those plastic 5ltr jerries in the back for these emergencies.
Craig normally I won't let any of our cars get under half a tank.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Would have been concerning about running out of fuel but at least you know the limit you can now travel . That is bloody good ltrs per 100km. Must admit the diesels beat the petrol engines for fuel economy by quite a lot.

John Yes uses almost the same as Cyril did when we had him,but Alvin has a larger engine(also higher gearing,hence the similar fuel usage)I could probably improve on that,if I didn't push him so hard :razz:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Craig normally I won't let any of our cars get under half a tank.
A wise move when living where you are :goodjob: though you're not to far out it would certainly be inconvenient and a bloody long walk if there wasn't the wife or friendly neighbour to come rescue you.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Found another huge bonus with Alvin today,had to do a major service today,involving a fuel filter change,to my surprise took no more than ten minutes and much of that was me trying to get down and up again,no bleeding.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Found another huge bonus with Alvin today,had to do a major service today,involving a fuel filter change,to my surprise took no more than ten minutes and much of that was me trying to get down and up again,no bleeding.

:goodjob2:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That's great and nice of you to throw in a medical update as well! :goodjob:

How does the cost of service parts compare?  :cool:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal