echocae · 38 · 18461

Offline toxxic

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
Hi Toxxic

Nice to see you on the site.. ;)

Yeah mate, havnt been around for ages, I have absolutely no time at all so havnt been very active - still drop by for a read but havnt had time to make any posts.

As for my CRDi, loving it. Economy hasnt been so good inthe cold mornings in melbourne but Cant wait for some warmer months. I think im at around 13,000km at last look, so its well and truely "run-in" due for its first service (ill do it myself at work), so I'll let you know how that goes. Actually looking forward to putting it up on the hoist and giving it a check over. Does anyone have the part number for the 1.6 CRDi oil filter?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Again Toxxic,

The Filter part number is 26320 2A001 and it cost me $20.35 including GST I think. Got an interim service done at 7500 km with Castrol  Edge Sport 5-W30 by my friedly local service centre (Done 11,400km now)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline toxxic

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
Hi Again Toxxic,

The Filter part number is 26320 2A001 and it cost me $20.35 including GST I think. Got an interim service done at 7500 km with Castrol  Edge Sport 5-W30 by my friedly local service centre (Done 11,400km now)

Eww castrol ;)  Mobil 1 ESP 5w30 will be going into mine! Not sure what oil they come with strandad so might give it abit of a flush!

Offline freakzoide

• 2nd Gear
How about turbo lag, do you notice it now with a biger IC?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi freakzoide..

Echo has gone AWOL... last time he visited was 5 days ago but a while since he posted a reply.... You might need to send him a PM re: your question.. he's a friendly fellow  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline teamgeorge

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria

• i30 CRDi sx Steel Grey 28/11/08
i am keen on following a members progression doing the ricer thing with an i30 (front mount/pod/b.o.v) just to watch from afar, not keen on doing any of it myself to my i30 but performance and economy and reliability would be interesting things to know with these changes.

keep us informed  ;)

Offline teamgeorge

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria

• i30 CRDi sx Steel Grey 28/11/08
soz for double post, but why would you take the Hyundai badge off the car? I for one will be proud to be driving a Hyundai...  :o

and after closer inspection the front view with the cooler fitted looks photoshoped... so blown.

mick55
Bit off topic here, But the first of the HiLux diesels are notorious for 'taking off' on crankcase oil when the rings are worn.  Also old model VW golfs etc can get a pool of oil in the intake manifold from blow-by.  Go around a fast corner, all the oil sloshes into the engine - YEE-HAW!  The old "Screaming Gemmy" GM 2 stroke diesels also have a problem with sticking injector racks in the unit injector, preventing the governor from controlling the engine.  They have an emergency flap to cover the intake on the blower to make up for this trait.  Wanna get back at someone with a diesel 4wd with a snorkel?  Pour a litre or so of oil into the snorkel!

This is very interesting, I have a mate with a rather large houseboat, it has a six cylinder Perkins with aftermarket turbo, anyway apparently this type of engine has a mechanical diaphram type fuel pump, his diaphram developed a small hole or tear, but it still functioned, but let oil from the sump into the fuel system the result was catastrophic, 600km from home, black smoke and terrible noises, I think it cost $6,000 to fix 10 years ago, he now has a seperate electrically operated fuel pump. Anyway the motor was repaired after a few months, but on his way home possibly because the now completely reconditioned motor was producing more power the gearbox shat itself another $4,000.  Does anyone know what boat stands for? "Bring Out Another Thousand $"

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal