i30 Owners Club

Rattlers idea 2.0 CRDi in an i30

Offline Daken76

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Germany, Franken

• My other Ride is a GT650
Hy Rattler!

I might be wrong, what I don´t hope but isn´t there a i30 Sport Model of the CW also on the Market in Australia? Perps since 2008? Don´t know exactly the structures of marketing in your Country but may it possible that there is an CW with that 2.0 CRDi machine inside sold also in Australia? :rolleyes:
Bcause they sold this Model in Germany with that Engine and 6speed Gearbox.
My CW is an Model like that.
Is the Engine of the ix a more horsepowered than the i30´s  :question:

Would anyone answer me these Question please?

Greetz from Germany

• 2008er 2.0 crdi cw white leather clima 18"DBVs tint windows ms design

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Fiery Red 2019 Premium!
    • Mutley Productions
There is no sport model of the CW in Australia, no 2.0 CRDi and no 6 speed gearbox unfortunately. I want a 6 speed though.....

By the way, what do you mean by Rattler?

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
i would love a 6 speed too... but there really isnt much point! it would just be different!

*goes off on an ebay hunt*

Offline Joel

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• 2019 N-line i30, back in 2011 SLX i30cw diesel
The sportswagon in Australia is only available with a 2lt petrol engine.. I really think fair priced diesel engines are a huge advantage for Hyundai, certainly was the main reason I went to Hyundai..

I also wouldn't have minded even a 5 speed auto in the SLX i30cw 1.6 diesel to improve the efficiency of the autos, 4 speed autos are so 10 years ago ;-)  I believe the SLX cw 1.6 diesel isn't available in manual at the moment, so the 4 speed auto is the only option if you want the SLX features, unless you get the 2lt petrol sportswagon (same price I think)..

CVT would be a decent alternative too..

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
yer LOL 5 speed autos are 10 years ago!! CVT is where its at!!!

dont feel to bad! my maxima only has a 4 speed auto! but my mom's old V35 skyline had a 5 speed and it was a year older :( go figure!

Offline Joel

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• 2019 N-line i30, back in 2011 SLX i30cw diesel
Yeah well, I was being kind just asking for a 5 speed auto, don't want to be greedy and expect CVT..  :lol:

Most everything in the price bracket I looked at was 5 speed auto (like my civic was) or CVT, the exceptions were Hyundai and Suzuki.. The only real thing that gave me sosecond thoughts with the i30, but with diesel I think it is tollerable, with petrol I wouldn't do it, hence no grand vitara..

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
my good chicky friend drives a 4 speed auto i30 for work... she says its gutless compared to my manual diesel!! (no offence to our petrol loving members)

she reckons its reving it head off and going no where... i dunno, i shouldnt really say anything, i havent driven a petrol one...

and i bet the petrol owners are like "diesel is slow, its bearly reving, and then runs out of puff over 4000 rpm"

Offline Daken76

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Germany, Franken

• My other Ride is a GT650
There is no sport model of the CW in Australia, no 2.0 CRDi and no 6 speed gearbox unfortunately. I want a 6 speed though.....

By the way, what do you mean by Rattler?

Rattler is a member here in the Forum. This was an open post.

Greetz
  • 2008er 2.0 crdi cw white leather clima 18"DBVs tint windows ms design

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
The 2.0CRDi stopped in the UK (maybe other european markets too?) about 6 months or so ago.

I believe someone from Hyundai once said the 2.0/2.2 R series CRDi would fit in the i30, but I doubt we will see it any time soon due to economic climate.

You are more likely to see a 1.4CRDi U2 in the i30. Oh hang on, they recently annouced that  :mrgreen:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal