i30 Owners Club

Strut bar

AJ77 · 12 · 5421

Offline AJ77

• 2nd Gear
Hello guys, wonderin if anyone here knows where to get a good strut bar for the i30. There are 2 at ebay; one of them from shark racing and the other from germany (i guess).So, wonderin if there are any more sites or locations where I could find a good one for a bargain?

A quick one for our Aussie members:

'Force flow electric supercharger'. Do you guys recommend this item item? Im lookin into a simple mods only..

thanks

Oggie
Dunno about the strut bar, but I suggest you read THIS article. The chances that it will give a noticeable improvement is very unlikely. You need some serious electrical capacity to give a significant boost and if you have significant boost, you also need to replace or reprogram the ECU. You would be better off spending money on a real supercharger or turbocharger.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
There's been some discussion about the whys and wherefores of fitting a strut bar.

tzwientjuh has fitted one and you can read about his experiences here and here. Also, have a look on kspec :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Dunno about the strut bar, but I suggest you read THIS article. The chances that it will give a noticeable improvement is very unlikely. You need some serious electrical capacity to give a significant boost and if you have significant boost, you also need to replace or reprogram the ECU. You would be better off spending money on a real supercharger or turbocharger.

Hi Oggie

Is your car fixed.. did they do a good job?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I had a look into rear strut bars, but the few companies I looked up didn't make or stock i30 ones. I just have to search my emails to find the companies!  :twisted:

Offline AJ77

• 2nd Gear
The Turbo Zet thing was hilarious :lol:

I'm not really into making major changes to my car. Just need sumtn to make the driving a 'little' more fun.  :wink:

By the way, the thread bout the strut bar was very helpful! Thanks a lot.

Oggie
Hi Oggie

Is your car fixed.. did they do a good job?
Only got it back yesterday. The car looks as good as new. They did an excellent job. :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Great news Oggie.. If you don't mind me asking did you have to pay the insurance excess or was it all covered by the other party...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Oggie
Great news Oggie.. If you don't mind me asking did you have to pay the insurance excess or was it all covered by the other party...
All covered by the other party.

Offline jmkoek

• 1st Gear
http://www.mancando.com/Products_car/i30.html

This is my local site, you can get stuff for the i30 and shipped to you, i have the strut bar here and it has made some difference. Enjoy

Offline duke

• 2nd Gear
Try  xauto / artx or crown kits 88   nice full body struts.

alinsslx
I just ordered mine from a Korean vendor, should be coming soon. I'll let you know how it handles after.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal