i30 Owners Club

500,000 km service?

william · 12 · 3329

Offline william

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Hi,
Where not far off the 500,000 mark my question is how far do you go? We had our book stolen one night out of the car so all the service history is gone.
So far I've thought of the list being
Engine oil, & filter
Gearbox oil
Coolant
Fuel filter
Air filter
Belt & tensioner
Wheel bearings?

We need to do the top gasket as a little bit of oil is weeping
Internal chains?
We have recently changed the glow plugs got 465,000 km out of them!
As where nearly at 480,000 thinking of splitting up the service as I'm busy and will get the local mechanic to do it.

Cheers, will
  • i30 wagon 09

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Wow! Impressive. That's a weird thing to have stolen! We don't have an i30 these days unfortunately, but hopefully someone with an FD can scan the relevant pages. Think you've got it pretty much covered.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Wow! Impressive. That's a weird thing to have stolen! We don't have an i30 these days unfortunately, but hopefully someone with an FD can scan the relevant pages. Think you've got it pretty much covered.  :goodjob:
Probably just grabbed everything they could lay their hands on.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Here in Blighty, Hyundai have a record of all servicing performed via their dealerships and franchises.

If that's the same where you are, maybe you could request a copy of the service history?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Here in Blighty, Hyundai have a record of all servicing performed via their dealerships and franchises.

If that's the same where you are, maybe you could request a copy of the service history?
Steve, Steve,  Steve!
480,000 Kim's?
If he'd used Hyundai service all that time he could have bought a new car 5 times over.   :crazy1:

Offline william

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Last time I went to a dealership was three years ago. I try to do some of it myself but the local mechanic is great. Everything was written in the back of the servicing part.
Yea it was a strange thing to pinch I must admit or maybe they wanted to see how our i30 is going with high KMs!
From memory I do
Oil & filter 10k
Fuel filter 20k
Air filter 10k
Belt and tensioner 80-100k
Coolant 40k
Gear box oil 50k
I'm big on preventative maintenance just not to sure on those timing chains and if I'm halfway There doing a gasket then might aswell do it.
  • i30 wagon 09

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Last time I went to a dealership was three years ago. I try to do some of it myself but the local mechanic is great. Everything was written in the back of the servicing part.
Yea it was a strange thing to pinch I must admit or maybe they wanted to see how our i30 is going with high KMs!
From memory I do
Oil & filter 10k
Fuel filter 20k
Air filter 10k
Belt and tensioner 80-100k
Coolant 40k
Gear box oil 50k
I'm big on preventative maintenance just not to sure on those timing chains and if I'm halfway There doing a gasket then might aswell do it.

And I thought I was nuts :crazy1:

Oil & filter 10k likewise
Fuel filter 20k2 years
Air filter 10k ? What , you replcae this every 10?. I inspect and clean, when  it looks black and cruddy it's gone
Belt and tensioner 80-100kI'd say 100k for the belt, tensioner unless it was defective, but idler pulleys would be good time to do those with the belt
Coolant 40kwith quality longlife coolant claiming 250000 or more Ks, I'd be thinking 5 yearly
Gear box oil 50k  auto I like 60000k, manual, maybe 100000K

no wonder it's still running at 1/2 a million. How rattly is the timing chain? Does it shutdown smooth or with a bit of a kick at the end?

original Turbo?

what things have you replaced over time? Suspensin , steering etc?

Just curious, I have an SX manual around 400000K
 :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline william

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
The only other items replaced is
420,000 alternator
Everything else is original except break pads. Tyres .

There's a little knock at the end not much a little diesel knock I've noticed but not too much.

Original turbo still gets up and goes no worries round 750-800km out of a tank of fuel.
  • i30 wagon 09

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
The only other items replaced is
420,000 alternator
Everything else is original except break pads. Tyres .

There's a little knock at the end not much a little diesel knock I've noticed but not too much.

Original turbo still gets up and goes no worries round 750-800km out of a tank of fuel.
You must be blessed and maybe the cooler climate?

To have am alternator , bearings and brushes go 420000K and I guess the clutch pulley was ok too? quite incredible

Don't know how the OEM shocks would be ok  still, normally the bushes in the arms would be gone, split or torn in the front, the stabilisers bush would be hard and flogged out maybe that;''s the knock you hear or any other number of tnings like strut mounts or link rods.

window mechanisms  usually  snap in the front, steering coupler I would have expected that to have gone.

solid little package

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Don't put the mocker on him tw.  :crazy1:

Offline william

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Forgot the front hand electric window went. Took it too the dealer and got a couple of recall faults done. They were shocked on high kms. That was 395,000 we live out a bit & it was 48 the other day, 

Don't put the Moz on me  :crazy2:
  • i30 wagon 09

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Forgot the front hand electric window went. Took it too the dealer and got a couple of recall faults done. They were shocked on high kms. That was 395,000 we live out a bit & it was 48 the other day, 

Don't put the Moz on me  :crazy2:
:goodjob2: :fingers:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal