Nexen Tyres

AlanHo · 6 · 2069

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I don't know whether this is good or bad news - but work has started by Nexen on a new $1.1 billion Tyre factory in Nosovice Czech Republic. It is handy for the Hyundai and KIA factories that are each side of the Czech border.  At present most cars leaving the Nosovice factory are shod with Continental tyres.

It is due to come on line in 2017. I have no experience of Nexen (Korean) tyres - does anyone here?
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Yes. I have.
But not for a few years.
Based on my (old) experience,  they were pretty ordinary - generally copies of other brands' tread designs.
Surely they've moved forward since then.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I believe they are standard issue (along with Hankook) with the GD i30 here in OZ these days...  :undecided:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I believe they are standard issue (along with Hankook) with the GD i30 here in OZ these days...  :undecided:
I don't make it a habit to check every car I see but when I drove an Elantra recently all the i30s in the showroom had Kumho fitted.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
A handy link if you want to know which company make which tyres :link: List of tire companies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Filters Elite around the corner from me are bringing in a new brand "Jinyu" ( made by Kumho ) and their tyres to suit my wheels - 18 x 225 x 40 are only $95 each with an 80k warranty.

I ordered a set of 17's for my mates VS ute a few weeks ago at $90 each and he's very happy with them, say's they're comfortable and responsive with plenty of grip, online reviews for them are very good also :goodjob2:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

You are correct, Rusty.
I had Hankooks on my first i30, Nexen on this one (although I've now fitted Continentals).
They're no different to Hankooks, South Korean as has been said and pretty much the same as.
I have used Kumhos several times on other cars I've had and I had a very good run out of them.
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal