i30 Owners Club

Can I get sports seats from FL i30 turbo to fit my i30 GD 2014?

Offline EmpiriuS88

• 2nd Gear

• si Slovenia
      Velenje
Hey guys, I am looking for an anwser to my question about seats, but i need someone who works at the Hyundai dealership.

So does any of our forum members work for Hyundai service dealership????
  • 2014 GD 3 Door Hatch , 1.6 CRDi, manual

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Hey guys, I am looking for an anwser to my question about seats, but i need someone who works at the Hyundai dealership.

So does any of our forum members work for Hyundai service dealership????
Tim a.k.a. Cruiserfied is a very knowledgeable and bright Hyundai Service Representative on this forum :goodjob2:
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yes Tim is an award winning technician (one of the top 5 in Australia)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
There's at least one other tech on hre. He joined recently.  Forget his name.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: EmpiriuS88
Hey guys, I am looking for an anwser to my question about seats ...

What's the question?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Ask away and see what we can come up with.
Don't go past our regular guys here though they're all pretty cluey. Especially on the finer details.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline EmpiriuS88

• 2nd Gear

• si Slovenia
      Velenje
Well Timmy, you see I like comfort xD

I was  wondering if any of you flawless Hyundai technicians have any info on Hyundai i30s Turbo seats. I was wondering if the sport seats from turbo would fit in a rack for GD i30????

I really miss the hugging effect :D of sport seats, and since i noticed turbo will have more of a sporty shell, it got me wondering if it would be possible to fit turbos sport seat into GDs model. At least the drivers one ???? I would be really happy with the none leather ones :D

Any possiblity ????

Yes I noticed that Turbos sport cussions are fully automatic, while mine are allmost fully manual :/ so thats problem no.1

BUT I REALLY REALLY WOULD LIKE thoose seats :D
And it's more cost efficient, then buying the new turbo :P

HAAAALP

Offline EmpiriuS88

• 2nd Gear

• si Slovenia
      Velenje
Well Timmy, you see I like comfort xD

I was  wondering if any of you flawless Hyundai technicians have any info on Hyundai i30s Turbo seats. I was wondering if the sport seats from turbo would fit in a rack for GD i30????

I really miss the hugging effect :D of sport seats, and since i noticed turbo will have more of a sporty shell, it got me wondering if it would be possible to fit turbos sport seat into GDs model. At least the drivers one ???? I would be really happy with the none leather ones :D

Any possiblity ????

Yes I noticed that Turbos sport cussions are fully automatic, while mine are allmost fully manual :/ so thats problem no.1

BUT I REALLY REALLY WOULD LIKE thoose seats :D
And it's more cost efficient, then buying the new turbo :P

HAAAALP

Well I am  an single guy you know :D

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Excellent question. Now we can update your thread title ;)

Offline EmpiriuS88

• 2nd Gear

• si Slovenia
      Velenje
Excellent question. Now we can update your thread title ;)

trololo :D

Well i think "Can I get sports seats from FL i30 turbo to fit my i30 GD 2014" is a proper more speciffic title :P

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Righto. Sounds like a great idea.
The seats themselves will most likely bolt straight in as I doubt the floor pan has changed any.
As you said the new seats are fully automatic so you'll need to figure out something there. May be a fairly simple solution but that would require some research.
As for more cost effective I wouldn't just onto that ship right away. A single complete seat will cost ALOT. And you ain't gonna find a used one for a while.
I would also put money on the Kia Proceed seats bolting in.
Lots to think about.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: EmpiriuS88
Well i think "Can I get sports seats from FL i30 turbo to fit my i30 GD 2014" is a proper more speciffic title :P

Go do it then ;)

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
I may be considering the Turbo when it eventually arrives in the showrooms. Though I would have the exact opposite problem - I'd like one with more normal seats.

Most of my passengers are elderly or have back problems, so the high sides of the sports seats aren't great for them. I'd be okay with them but I ain't getting any younger so maybe not in a few years. I doubt their factory can make specials to order with more normal seats.

It may be a 'warm' hatch but they look a bit boy racer as well - and I won't be testing the cornering limits very often. :)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

I may be considering the Turbo when it eventually arrives in the showrooms. Though I would have the exact opposite problem - I'd like one with more normal seats.

Most of my passengers are elderly or have back problems, so the high sides of the sports seats aren't great for them. I'd be okay with them but I ain't getting any younger so maybe not in a few years. I doubt their factory can make specials to order with more normal seats.

It may be a 'warm' hatch but they look a bit boy racer as well - and I won't be testing the cornering limits very often. :)

You'll get one and you'll love it. Tearing through the corners unleashing the inner boy racer

Offline EmpiriuS88

• 2nd Gear

• si Slovenia
      Velenje
The seats themselves will most likely bolt straight in as I doubt the floor pan has changed any.
As you said the new seats are fully automatic so you'll need to figure out something there. May be a fairly simple solution but that would require some research.
As for more cost effective I wouldn't just onto that ship right away. A single complete seat will cost ALOT. And you ain't gonna find a used one for a while.
Lots to think about.

The strange thing is in the reviews of the new i30 turbo that someone posted in these forums it says it is fully auto, but check this picture out I recently found:
:link: Hyundai i30 Turbo picture # 13 of 27, Interior, MY 2015, 800x600 Confusing isnt it.

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
I read somewhere that the 1.6 turbo is still slower than the 2.0 GDi we get here...
  • 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I read somewhere that the 1.6 turbo is still slower than the 2.0 GDi we get here...

That surprises me (The Turbo has more K/W but not sure about torque figures)

Veloster seats might fit...May be one of those in a wreckers yard??

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Its got less torque too... I think it was a carsales press release I read it somewhere... Maybe gearing or final drive ratio?
  • 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Its got less torque too... I think it was a carsales press release I read it somewhere... Maybe gearing or final drive ratio?

True! (the 2.0 is probably thirstier though...) :undecided:

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
Lots to think about.

The strange thing is in the reviews of the new i30 turbo that someone posted in these forums it says it is fully auto, but check this picture out I recently found:
:link: Hyundai i30 Turbo picture # 13 of 27, Interior, MY 2015, 800x600 Confusing isnt it.

Maybe it's just the driver's seat that is fully auto like my old S60,  The other half had a remote and I did, we had different seat positions, so if she had been driving it and I had to jump in it when I press the remote to unlock the car the seat would automatically adjust for my driving position and vice versa
  • 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal