i30 Owners Club

Still loving it.

Offline Martin88

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Newcastle, United Kingdom
Today i hit 500 miles. Dead on. So i thought i would share my thoughts now that i have more experience with the car.

Economy is now about 42mpg and thats not me driving particularly slow either. Just comfortable with the odd aggressive take off from a set of lights or junction. One thing i have noticed though with the auto.

If you let the car climb to 30 mph slowly without being heavy footed it will sit at 2,400 rpm or so in 2nd gear. If you take it a little past 30 mph to about 34/35 mph it shifts up dropping to 1600rpm and if you let it slip down to 30 it will happily do it at 1500 rpm. Much nicer fuel consumption. Shame it doesn't up shift at 30mph really. But I'm just being picky!

The road noise which i first picked up on doesn't bother me at all now, 99% of the time i have music on so i really don't notice it.

The steel grey is really hiding allot of the crap which has sprayed all over the car by other drivers etc etc and general "road film"

I think the car handles nicely and also offers a nice ride. I would have to say I'm still very much in love with the car. If i ever do sell it or trade it in, it will most likely be for a newer i30 when the time comes !

I really feel the 1.6 CRDi could have benefitted from an Auto gearbox with... more gears. The 4 speed is good but it lets the side down a little. a 5 or 6 speed auto would provide much smoother driving at lower RPM's i feel (please correct me if you think differently)

Well that's all for now as its late and I'm rather tired but will post more tomorrow.

Offline Opa_1

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      South West Rocks, NSW, Australia

• i30's are being seen everywhere....
Great to hear you are happy with your Crdi Martin88. :cool:

My 'Smokey' is a manual and I am very happy to have this as it gives me a bit of extra choice when I want to get out and around something. When I first test drove the i30 it was in an auto Crdi and I quite enjoyed but found it a little less responsive than I had hoped..but then I had just stepped out of my 4 litre straight six Ford Territory.. :P
Fuel economy is second to none imho and you don't have to drive like an 'older driver' what ever that is.. :twisted: The i30's are just good! Happy to see you are getting good mileage as well.

The wife has to have an auto to be able to drive now a days so after considerable discussion and contemplation.... I bought a manual... :lol:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal